Suggestion for M+

Pause the timer while npcs/bosses do there role playing skits.

4 Likes

It’s pretty annoying for sure. I would love for the timer to get paused during any events the player can’t directly act upon.

Also unpopular opinion: M+ would’ve been cooler without the timer.

4 Likes

But… the timer isn’t some static thing across all dungeons. The timer is tuned for the dungeon. If they paused it during mandatory dialogue, they’d just make the timer that much shorter.

7 Likes

The dungeon timer is balanced around the RP dialogue, bruh.

10 Likes

Very true. I think I’d prefer the change regardless since you wouldn’t spend time watching the clock tick down out of your control and adding anxiety.

1 Like

Whenever coming up on RP in M+ I’ll pull some trash to help out the % while the boss or whatever talks away

3 Likes

Pretty sure the timer also has that rp element length built into it. Just have to do more dps. :3

I assume the timer is balanced around them already.

Yes. This is why Freehold is easier to time than most dungeons: they balance the timer around the RP, but in fact, you can be doing stuff during the RP, gaining a little extra time.

If you’re locked into a room and can’t do anything during rp, I’d be all for pausing the timer. If you’re able to pull other trash during rp (like in Freehold’s arena), I don’t think it would be fair to pause the timer there.

1 Like

Can’t think of any dungeon other than Freehold where this is a thing, even then you can start the RP with a class that can stealth or start the RP and continue killing trash. Not really a big deal, if you’re missing timer it’s not because of RP

1 Like

I kind of like it because you can have a rogue/druid pop over and start the RP sequence while y’all live your regular lives. It’s awesome to have an extra minute or so :wink:

2 Likes

You can save a little bit of time on the first and third bosses in Shrine of Storms. I’m sure there are others.

In Freehold, you can get around it by having a stealthed player ( I do this a lot while my group is pulling trash, even as the healer) leave the group and start the ring RP so that it’s all going in the background while trash is still being pulled.

The timer in Freehold is tuned to allow for the RP to be going, but you aren’t forced to stand there doing nothing while it runs.

Same thing with King’s Rest. You can run down and open the doors before you even enter the key.

Most of the RP can be worked around, and the timers are already created to account for it.

1 Like

this is arbitrary. the timer at the end already takes this into account.

Or kill more mobs while waiting for the RP to finish?

let m+ be a queue it wouldnt effect people running keys just run sellers.

The only rp that annoys me really is alliance siege and kings rest before last boss/zul

1 Like

How long has it been since you did a KR man? They patched it back in season 2 so that the doors will always be open when you start a key.

1 Like

Well…it’s been a long time since I was the one who started the RP, so that’s probably the issue.

I did like three last week.

But still, the point was that the timer always accounted for RP.

1 Like