Suggestion for eclipse triggering

So, after reading a lot of the reviews of the new (old) eclipse system. It seems the 2 biggest complaints are 1- lack of control over the triggering of eclipse and 2- eclipse triggering partway through a subsequent cast causing you to want to cancel casting which feels bad. What if it worked something like this?

Wrath and Starfire have a 25% (with bad luck protection) chance to cause your next wrath or starfire to be instant cast and activate a lunar (for wrath) or solar (for starfire) eclipse. The buff can last however many seconds seems reasonable. This way if you have to move or the group of mobs is about to die you can hold the eclipse until the next trash pack or when you stop moving and can start in on your rotation again. The rest of the eclipse system works the same.

Also the other thing I read is that damage out of eclipse feels bad. Why not bake something into the system or add a talent that gives us a buff during eclipse that we can use only when eclipse ends to give some extra damage out of eclipse. I mentioned something similar in the thread i made about New Moon. An ability you can charge up during eclipse and then becomes active when eclipse ends.

example:
Solar Flare - charged during solar eclipse with wrath.when solar eclipse ends the sun comes out and drops a solar flare on your target.
Full Moon - charged during lunar eclipse with starfire. when lunar eclipse ends the moon comes out and drops a full moon on your target.

1 Like

I just think wrath should have a percent chance to give a charge of lunar empowerment, which begins the 10 second eclipse once the next starfire is used rather than beginning the buff immediately upon proc. This would give the player more say as to when the eclipse is triggered and eliminates the need for cancelcasting. Starsurge would continue to just increase the duration of eclipse as it does in the alpha.

Think of it in terms of a fire mage’s rotation. Heating up procs randomly, but they use an ability to convert it into a hot streak. Our empowerments will be granted randomly, but using the opposite filler will trigger its corresponding eclipse timer.

Edit: I misread your suggestion initially… we’re basically both suggesting the same thing except you’ve added an instant cast component which would be fun but maybe a bit overpowered.

1 Like

the instant cast is because under the current system its already procced but is causing an issue where canceling your cast is the solution and thats a bad solution. this way you know you have the buff and the next cast will proc the actual eclipse. it shouldn’t have a cast time at that point.

1 Like