Suggestion: Auto lock dead threads

So I was browsing around on other areas of the forums and looking at the EU forums and noticed a thing:

The forum script being used supports automatically locking threads after x time with no posts.

I would like to suggest that threads on the general forms be locked after something like 60 days with no new posts.

That gives people more than enough time to revive a thread that they care about while preventing situations where people are necroing threads that have had 6 months or even a year or two years between now and their last post.

I understand that some people want to necromancer class but raising ancient threads on the forms isn’t it.

That is all.
Thank you for reading.

7 Likes

I support this tbh

1 Like

Frankly, I see more people resurrect dead Tinker Class threads more than anything else.

:crazy_face: we pay our respects to our friendly forum Necromancers.

1 Like

Very much so lol
I happened upon another tinker thread yesterday (I think it was yesterday, time has kinda lost its meaning as of late)

Hello, although I see your point, I like old threads and commenting on them may help others as well. I have commented on several several old posts about achievements that I was looking for help on and I have either thanked or added to the post to help others as well. Peace and love.

I support this suggestion. Sick of seeing dead threads being necro’d for no reason.

I honestly don’t understand why it’s not a thing here.
Like you said, the EU forums use it.

And there is nothing to be gained from someone telling a user that hasn’t posted in 2 years that they are wrong.

3 Likes

Not when they’re old and information may have changed.

1 Like

When you respond with updated accurate information, it helps.

You do know in this thread, bumping is considered as spam, and spamming isn’t allowed here on the forums

Do not “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called “necro bumping” or “necroing”).

2 Likes

Ok thank you very much

Yes! This please.

For whatever reason the EU mods enabled the auto-lock function but the US mods have thus far refused to do so. No one knows why.