Suggestion: Add brackets to M+ LFG system

It’s always a struggle to get invited to a group especially as a DPS. At this point in the season there are so many people with 2k+ rating it seems to be a struggle to get invited to a group. I understand that people want to get through there keys as quickly and problem free as possible and that ILVL and M+ Rating are tools being used to help vet out players, but it is also a barrier that hurts good players that are trying to return to the game and gear up. I know that I can use my own key and get rating that way which is mostly how I’ve been doing it, but I think adding a bracket system to the LFG tool would be a huge help as well.

My suggestion would only be for recruiting people for a group while using the LFG tool. Meaning inviting people outside of the LFG tool wouldn’t require the players to be in the same bracket. I would add a symbol or note to the listing though stating that someone is in the group that is outside of the bracket to provide transparency for those who are looking for a group. The suggested brackets would be as followed.

Under 1k
1k-1.5k
1.5k-2k
2k-2.5k
2.5k+

Curious to see what everyone’s thoughts on this are!

Thank you,

It’d be simple to get past this bracket. I’ve seen a fair amount of players who were absolutely carried to their score in m+. Or for my 270~ geared alts, they don’t have that score but I have the know-how and ability to do well in keys.

You can already set a requirement for a score/gear level. It’s typically that people only invite whoever has the highest score, regardless of the key.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re requesting.

Is this the suggestion? I don’t understand the issue you’re trying to draw attention to or what you’re trying to do about it. I’ve had a long day, but could you clarify?

1 Like

The reason why the standard (m+ score + ilvl) is so high is because there is a large supply of strong dps.

As time goes up that standard increases. So it makes it harder to get into groups with alts.

Forcing groups to take “not the best dps” who want to join the group isn’t good design. (Assuming this is what the brackets would do because it is not clear).

To get more dps in groups there are two options:

1. Get more groups. Which increases the demand for dps. You need more tanks and healers to do this.

2. Increase group size.

No one wants to be forced to take people they don’t want to take. Run your own key or join a guild/community or make a couple friends and run together. No one owes you their time.

That said, people who treat their low keys like they’re drafting for MDI are almost all terrible players. They’re looking to be carried specifically because they’re not capable of doing it without help. You don’t want to be in these groups (unless you know you can hard carry the key).

what do you mean?

just shrink M+ to 3-5 difficulties like raiding

add matchmaking to the first one

entire system is a diablo dev welding rifts into wow dungeons while ignoring the massive differences in how long it takes to run a rift vs M+ dungeons and how much loot you get in rifts vs M+ dungeons, and rifts have matchmaking and are easily soloable

M+ meanwhile generates negative blowback in each of these areas, then stack the keystones on it

get rid of keystones and just go by the score to access each new tier

it is literally so easy to make the M+ system much more fun for WAAAY more players, and to make it more consistently rewarding

So glad you don’t work on the game. The game needs less hand holding, not more.

It’s funny reading all the posts in the wrath beta forum asking for RDF and why it’s the best and reading the dungeons forums about how RDF for m+ would be the worst.

Wrath dungeons are extremely casual content. While I hold no opinion on its having a dungeon finder, m+ isn’t that sort of entry level content. They just aren’t comparable.

Casual, in this context, refers to how much inherent pressure is placed on the player. The pressure can come from the decision making, mechanics, group building, alloted time or precision necessary.

Wrath dungeons are extremely casual because they have near 0 of these pressures.

I just find it annoying when people are looking specifically for over qualified players.
Yesterday i was pugging keys on mt bdk, joined a plus 11 streets and the group leader was specifically looking for 2.5k and above ehen his own io was 1k. The guy also dies almost every pull.
Alot of keys were like this yesterday was getting ridiculous. Every single one was essentially just a carry every time.

Oh, the pro RDF players claim that without RDF you’ll never find a group because all the non meta specs will be gatekept out.

It’s an explore-exploit problem.

What if that 2.5k player never applies and players start leveling your group because you’re too picky? Or if you don’t invite that 2.4k sub rogue because you want to wait for a 2.5k sub rogue and then they end up leaving and all future rogues are below 2.4k? You should have just picked up the 2.4k guy.

There seem to be an amount of time players are willing to wait and then they just start picking the best applicants they have available.

I just find it incredibly annoying when its actually just a carry. When the ley owner dies every pull.
Thats incredibly annoying too know he entirely did this because he just wants everyone else too do the key for him.

I suggest inspecting the group before you run the key. That way you can at least have an idea of what you’re getting into. Or if you know a key is just a hard carry and you don’t want to slog through that just leave.

If a group is planning on carrying someone and they’re not communicating that expectation with the party that’s on them imo.

Well inspecting only achieves so much. Seen 270 ret pallys that do 4k overall dps.
Also seen 230s doo over 9k.
Inspecting just dosent doo much really.

Just man seems much more prevalent now then it used to be.

I mean if you’re the key holder you should be looking for overqualified people. You want to increase the odds of the dungeon going well. I don’t blame anyone for that.

But dying every pull or not putting forth any effort? I’d probably just leave.

Yee thats what i did, just seems like this kind of junk is happening significantly more often theyn it ever used too.

All of you guys are way over-thinking this. Make Mythic 0 queueable and it would solve 95% of the problems.