Suddenly can't view traveler's log

Earlier today I was able to access my traveler’s log fine. However, the tab is now grayed out, with the tooltip message:

"Visit the Trading Post in Orgrimmar to access the Traveler’s Log

Requires active game time."

Asking in chat and one other person had this issue, but another person did not. There was an update prior to my logging in, so I wonder if downloading it may have caused the issue.

2 Likes

Is ur subscription about to renew.

Not until November.

In addition to a grace period, I would also ask whether or not you’re trying to view it on the same character that was able to view it earlier.

Same character. And I don’t know what you mean by grace period.

The subscription grace period Darth was alluding too during periods of renewal, which you’ve confirmed not.

Have you logged out and back in since this started happening?

I did but no luck. I had selected one of the log actives to track, which is still active, so I’m going to see if earning progress on it does anything.

If that doesn’t work, the last two things to attempt would be logging off that character for 15-30 minutes and attempting a UI reset to rule out misbehaving addons or display elements.

And if those don’t work, then you’ll want to hop over to the Bug Reports forum and find or start a thread over there so QA can investigate.

1 Like

I am still able to earn progress so that’s good at least. I tried a UI reload too but issue continues.

Update: Solution has been found. There are quests now to check out the trading post for some tendies. Completing the quests unlocks the ability to view the tab again. Can be done on an alt.

3 Likes

I guess this exemplifies being more specific in my lines of inquiry. :joy: That was the intent behind asking if it was the same or a different character, I had just assumed you had already done them earlier to make the log viewable the first time.

1 Like

My main was never automatically given the chain, neither was another of my alts. However, another alt I had in org who hadn’t been logged into earlier today did receive the chain upon log in. So it is likely to any having the issue that you will have to use a toon you didn’t play this morning/afternoon.

Thank you much

3 Likes

Necromancy is heavily frowned upon on this forum. Please be mindful that this thread was a year old. However I am glad you found the information here useful.

2 Likes