Succubus is sexist please remove/ incubus incoming

Aht aht why do you not support warlock stables yet always post on your warlock??? Internalized anti-warlock sentiment :frowning:

I’m a death knight at heart.

I perceive you as an issue. Who are you to judge where a line is drawn for something that is from the 14th century. I think you instead of me should get silenced for making posts that are absurd and are made just so YOU will get attention.

The classical succubus is an autonomous entity.

Well we are all entitled to our opinion. Thanks for your input.

In myth? No, the oldest iteration of the succubus, the “Lilin” or “lilu”, are traditionally the daughters/servants of Lilith, who in some retellings is the “first vampire” (because she survived on blood in the desert East of Eden) or the “mother of demons” (folklore which started as Jewish myth and spread to both Christians and Muslims over the centuries) by being the consort of Satan (and in some iterations of Jewish medieval theology, she is the mother of Cain).

Otherwise some other “Night Women” vary from the Greek Lampades (who serve Hekate), Irish Banshees (who are often described as beautiful, particularly the Banshee Queen Cliodhna), or the more cursory and globally “White Lady” myths (e.g. Latin American Llorona), or the Greek Lamia.

Notably, the Mesopotamian Lilu which became the Jewish Lilin (of Lilith) was translated by Hellenic Jews in the Septuagint as “Daimonia” (Demons, or Spirits) in Isaiah 34 while the Roman Church translated it as Greek Lamia but Latinized and retained.

Medieval Jewish theology maintained the Succubi were the children of the Demon Queens while Western Christian tradition the Succubi and Incubi were divided into two separate beings.

Notably both the Lamia of Greek is derived also from the Mesopotamian myth of the Lammashtu/Lammea (historical speculation) who is separate from the Lilu, but the Lammea are daughter/s of Anu while the Lilu are tied to Inanna/Ishtar.

In every iteration and in its mythological genealogy, the succubus is a predator and a servant, and tied to both nocturnal emissions, the death of newborns (particularly male newborns), or children both with malformations, usually due to punishment of the parents.

The real issue is we lack an Incubus and we lack Warlock Stables.

Support warlock stables!

3 Likes

Yeah but if they are just listening to their mom and dad that’s different.

How is it different? Its a master slave relationship with possible abuse… but because their blood relatives that’s okay?

No it’s not a master slave relationship. It’s called listening to your parents. By your logic all children are slaves. Slavery is outlawed in my country.

1 Like

Depends on the context - in the bible there are passages in which you can sell your daughter into slavery. Exodus 21 7… by old Christian standards - you could make the case that were wasn’t a difference between certain children and slaves.

how does this thread have so many replies? are you all trolling bliz now?

I want warlock stables and people like entertaining a troll talking about in-game demons than supporting warlock players ability to customize demons

Yes but when Jesus was born the Old Testament became the old law.

1 Like

There are plenty of things in the old testament that modern Christians will quote and use as part of their faith. Many pick and choose what counts. Others will say it all counts…

The fact is that it is in there. And parents at one point in time looked at their kids as potential slaves.

Not denying that at all.

Either way, slavery is still illegal in my country and I stand diametrically opposed to slavery.
I have a strong feeling we can at least agree on that.

1 Like

Real world actual slavery - absolutely against it.
Fictional slavery made with narrative purpose to tell an interesting story - depends on the story.

do you explode whenever you see anything anime like?

2 Likes

I love dragonball z

I think the op is sexist. Remove this post already blizz.

Warlocks summons a sausage party. leave the only demon who agreed to be apart of the warlock’s entourage alone. And if she wears sexy clothes. SO BE IT!!! I stated this first new part of this and will say it again to save TLDR. for people.

2 Likes

I’m not sexist