Substitute for Unborn Val'kyr?

Some day I will obtain the unborn val’kyr, but today is not that day.

Seriously though, what would be a possible substitute that is more easily obtained? I need a team for Goldenbot XD and just don’t have a set that seems to work for it currently.

Edit: After more searching around I found a few possible things to try with ones I already have on hand.

Xu-Fu’s has 11 strategies for that battle. 7 of them don’t use the Unborn Valk. Perhaps you have the pets for one of those?

1 Like

I had looked at Xu-Fu’s first. Sadly, I didn’t have a full team of any of them. I had parts of the teams. I’ve put together a rag tag team so I’ll go see how it works.

Edit: Finally got it!

• I used Enchanted Pen use forboding curse.
  • Bring in Bunny.
  • Bunny used Flurry, Dodge, Stampede, Flurry, Dodge, Stampede until Bunny dies
  • Molten corgi with its puppies of the flame ability and flamethrower.
  • If corgi dies finish off with enchanted pen. Using Quills, evanescence, and forboding curse.

I first tried a method I saw on wowhead that said use ghastly kid, ikky, and molten corgi but I couldn’t get that one to work for me.

Prior to valk I used an infected squirrel, creeping fungus & corpse explosion.

1 Like

MPD x2
Almost any elemental pet faster than 291

1. Thunderbolt
  2. Explode
  3. Thunderbolt
  4. Pass
  5. Explode

Goldenbot now has 281 health and a racial left. Just finish it off with whatever you have.

1 Like

Did they reduce the spawn rate of these? I thought they were super easy to find now.

Unborn Val’kyr? They made it “easier” by upping the spawn rate in patch 7.0.3. But with 8.2 and the Mechagon/Nazjatar pet battle WQs everyone’s probably after one, so there’s going to be a lot more competition.

How is it hard?

It is the pet bonus week. I flew around icecrown citadel for all of 3 minutes based on numerous guides and captured the valkyr and had it up to level 25 in minutes after returning to my garrison…

Its not rare anymore…

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies.

I can get pets up to 25 quickly and in fact have done so for several during the pet event this week. So that isn’t a barrier for me at all.

I’ve got 235 unique pets and have gone out in the past week to collect some required for Naj or Mechagon or purchased on the AH a few that are dependent on a drop rate. So I’m not trying to be lazy here. I would have thought the “seriously though” part would let you know I was being humorous.

I just hoped that out of my 235 pets there would be something that could adequately substitute for it. It seems to be pretty unique though so I’ll see if I can catch one soon. Meanwhile, based on suggestions here and other places I’ve put some teams together that will hopefully work.

Update: Based on the comments about getting the Val’kyr being easy, I took some time yesterday and went looking for one. Found it pretty quickly and now I will find out if it lives up to its reputation. No pressure Unborn Val’kyr but you better be as good as they say. :laughing:

2 Likes

Sadly not everyone has that experience.

I spent a few hours flying around the other day, never saw one. Although at one point I did see a gnome at one of the spawn points do a “/cheer”, so I’m thinking he just beat me to a spawn.