Sub rogue top spec Nyalotha?

I’m confused and it might have been because the original links were old? But when I look at Mythic for Ny’alotha it shows Sub as 5th from the bottom.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24/

Now for Heroic it shows middle of the pack at 10th from the bottom currently.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24/#difficulty=4

The very premise of this thread is off-topic on the Rogue forums because Subtlety is no longer even recognizable as a Rogue.

3 Likes

Seriously. I vastly prefer old Sub to the modern Legion/BfA one, but the way he goes around insulting anyone who likes modern Sub and forcing his viewpoint on every thread about the spec is actually concerning. Dude needs to chill.

4 Likes

Shoes has been consistent, he’s been the same way since at least WOD and the reaction from the community was the same as it is now.

2 Likes

If you look at the top 100 rogue* mythic parses for each boss, there’s a total of ~4 sub parses. 3 of those parses are by the same sub rogue. Assa outperforms it in st and outlaw outperforms it in aoe. Also arguably has a more punishing rotation than outlaw or assa, for which there’s no real reward.

Unlikely to happen before the apparent shadowlands rework but it would probably be more or less fine with some dmg tuning. Even something minor like making backstab grant 2cp from behind could make it feel better at least. Been pretty much dead and untouched since the various uldir nerfs.

Nothing was ever wrong with Sub. For Heroic raiding it still brings enough benefit to have a spot. Its nice to see some folks giving it kudos. It’s a fun spec

1 Like

I only read this thread to see how long it took shoes to derail it and see how many blood vessels he would burst in his rant.

2 Likes

:joy: Our guilds rogues post his responses in discord to get a good laugh. Call him the subtlety psychopath. At least he stick to his convictions though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And let’s be honest here, Hardie. The entire reason you created this thread is to get a reaction out of me. I’m all too happy to give you what you were looking for.

Current Subtlety Rogue design is trash that is completely divorced from the history of the spec and class.

1 Like

I know you think every thread about the spec you like is meant for you. Just shows how delusional you are, I was interested in playing something other then Assassination in raid and was hoping something made sub viable for a little variety.

You don’t need to derail every thread about sub that is not even applying to you, we are all very aware of your views on the current iteration of sub.

2 Likes

It’s a nice act and many people on this forum will probably buy it. But I know how much effort you put towards getting a reaction from me, not only here but on MMO-C forums as well.

It’s fine, keep laughing. We’ll see who is still laughing when it’s all said and done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen.

For real though, you have conversations with the game director? That’s hard to believe.

P.S.

www.warcraftlogs .com/zone/rankings/24#class=Rogue

Hahahaha, “Sub Rogue top spec Nyalotha” indeed hahahahaha

1 Like

Also, the sheer ego to believe that a thread was created just for you because it mentions Sub rogue. That’s a towering opinion of yourself.

3 Likes

There is a history between me and Hardie that you aren’t aware of. This dude has had it out for me for a long time, and not only on this forum but other forums as well.

Also the idea that Sub is the top spec in Nyalotha is a total joke, as proven by the info I linked above. Hardie isn’t stupid per se, he knows that Subtlety is not the top spec in Nyalotha, not by a wide margin. This entire thread is bait, even if Hardie will deny it.

1 Like

Fair enough, but you’ve talked with the game director?

He talked about Subtlety design philosophy and direction in an interview with a german magazine. I asked him about it on Twitter and he confirmed it was legit. That was the whole extent of it. I’ve posted screenshots of the exchange on this forum in the past.

1 Like

Alrighty then.

1 Like

First of all I don’t have it out for you. If I did, I would come at you much harder. You have your opinions on how sub works and I can respect that. Even to the point of where you beat the dead horse to death again. You are obviously very passionate in that regard.

What I do have a problem with is how you address others in the community that have a different opinion than yours. You talk down to them, insult them and try to bully your way into every conversation.

Finally, when I look up all parses at all percentiles in mythic even just now it shows sub ahead of the other rogue specs. I don’t care enough about engaging you to create an entire thread. There are many other threads that already exist that I could do that in.

2 Likes

Tbh people rag on shoegazer but he is right in 99% of his discussions. I didn’t even play the sub he liked so much. I stopped in WOTLK came back in legion.

There are plenty of post where he commented or created where it was constructive and to the point. When those derailed it was because of someone questioning him when their max exp in raiding was lfg heroic dungeons and max pvp xP being wpvp. At which they probably lost to a low geared player at best. That’s when it would derail and now he’s pretty much full tilt but you can’t really blame him with how people responded to begin with. I don’t.

Which I don’t agree with his methods or condone it at all. I try to be as positive as possible but I do not have much patients for belligerent ignorance.

6 Likes