Sub rogue problems

Can we get back Garrote gouge and maybe just buff DFA to 40% dmg plz

3 Likes

they went with that ‘Class Fantasy’ garbage a long time ago, that was the problem. I rant about it all the time, but I don’t see how 2/3 rogues ‘forgot’ how to use poison, or to make someone bleed out. or disarm a trap. in fact, one could argue that rogues have become ‘less roguey’ than they used to be.

14 Likes

Problems with sub rogues:

• SD charges
  • No poisons replacement
  • SD charges
  • “Dark Shadow of the darkness dark” class fantasy garbo
  • No rupture
  • SD charges
  • No garrote
  • No gouge
  • SD charges
  • SD should be a cooldown
  • The spec should have more buttons and mechanics and not revolve around SD only
  • SD charges
  • SD should be a cooldown
  • Shadow damage
  • SD charges

I hate the changes to SD.

7 Likes

Are people still playing Subtlety?

I think if players would boycott the spec and not play it, Blizzard might get the message.

1 Like

They might get the message but they will say next X-Pac we will fix it. Then do a ton of work before we see anything so by the time we see it, it’s already too late.

sub rogue is another spec killed by class fantasy in legion.all they need to do is bring back pre legion sub rogue.

2 Likes

Sounds like you should be playing assassin. They have everything youre looking for, minus gouge.

And the SD cooldown youre looking for would be called Vendetta.

While i agree that rogues need more interesting mechanics, ill disagree with your proposed fixes.

1 Like

All I play. :smiley:
I only do solo, so only have to answer to myself, no raiding or m+

Outlaw…meh…
I dont care that much for sin just being dots based like it seems.
So sub, while weaker by public standards…I enjoy it the most.
Enjoy the utility and cc.

Most people aren’t playing the right essences for what they want to do and their play style. Farm the essences to the highest tiers and profit.

Best essences for sub seem to be blood of the enemy with a minor of lucid dreams. I just don’t anyone feels like farming out the honor for rank 3 lol

I farmed out rank 3 because it’s bis for sin. Isn’t sin the best of both AoE and ST (based on what you spec) now anyway.

Ya sin is better for both ST and aoe and it’s not even close

Yeah its just sucks cos they cant be good at both (at the same time).

Why in the name of Ravenholdt manor are rogues wanting to gouge someone they have dotted up? What is wrong with you guys? You want to gouge someone and have have it break immediately? I feel like I am taking crazy pills! We have three melee dps specs. Lets keep them different from each other for the love of god.

1 Like

Gouge was, at least when I used it, for breaking spell casting and giving yourself or a teammate just that extra second of breathing room. All rogues had poisons and bleeds and such, it was a basic rogue tool kit. Then they had their talents which made them separate.

Back in the day, Gouge could save your azz big time if your teammates weren’t spamming dots all over the place.

1 Like

Let the punishment fit the crime. One expansion where Sub was stupidly OP(Legion) shall be punished with one expansion where nobody touches it at all(BFA) and rightly so. But I wouldn’t mind an appropriate revival for the spec.

I would have thrown a celebration party if I knew that Sub got what they deserved from the get-go. Lady Justice came and impaled the backsides of every rogue who played that spec in Legion. That was probably the best thing Blizzard did all of BFA, despite that they were the ones responsible for it in the first place.

Or… They could have made it decent without being utter garbo. I hardly think that we “got what we deserved” given my only sin is enjoying the rotation. Shifts in spec strength are not a zero-sum game: periods of viability do not need to be “balanced” with periods of uselessness. First example that comes to mind is that DH’s were nerfed in bfa but are still pretty good.

1 Like

I don’t think decency was deserved in this cycle. “After you’ve scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule” then we’ll talk about making the spec decent. It is a zero-sum game, because one spec that played more, the other specs are played less. It almost sounds like you’re arguing that Sub in Legion was viable. GL getting others to see that, but as for me, I’m happy that nobody is playing Sub because before, everybody was. Where was the love for Sin and OL then? Not a whole lot.

And Subs in Legion didn’t care. They loved something that hit the hardest and restealthed the quickest. They didn’t care what was good for the class and spec then, so screw them: I’m glad BFA Sub got what they had coming to them. That alone taught me there is such a thing called justice.

Lol can’t tell if you’re trolling or not. Sin has always been viable and outlaw usually is.

You’re acting as if you feel some great evil was defeated when sub was nerfed. So I get the idea that you got ganked a few times by a decent sub rogue and became embittered towards the spec. It’s a game my dude.

3 Likes

The great evil was FOTM opportunists from Legion. Where are they now? Muahaha. Judges, do I have a “not playing rogue” answer?