Sub rogue and Corruption

I’m sorry that I’m 20 mage writing here but I don’t have more characters on US server. My main is on EU and EU forums are neglected most of the time.
I’m playing sub rogue from the start of the Legion. I loved that spec and loved it in Legion so much that I can’t play any other.

Thus saying, I hate that sub in BfA was and is an underdog. Even if I’m playing properly I still can’t deal more damage as other classes or specs of my own class even to a single target.

Moreover, when I’ve got void corruption bonus I immediately started to deal A LOT of damage cause of aoe and cause every raid/dungeon and even PvP have a lot of multi targeting. Which is baffling. This shouldn’t be the case when class is viable only cause it’s got that one thing which is completely random from a drop.
Other classes which don’t have this bonus are outdamage me in all dungeons and raids with their default abilities and my default most used ability (eviscerate) deals 105% of the damage that void bonus deals. WHY? Why won’t you buff the shuriken storm? So it would make more viability in dungeons?
In M+ scores there are only outlaw/assassin rogues and zero subs which also tells you everything about this spec problems.

So, dear Gam Designers, why you wont fix Sub in position of Damage dealers and not buff them? They are so fun to play, they are literally shadow rogues: the pure class fantasy spec which is canonic. But yet they aren’t as powerful as other specs/D&D classes and left behind even on those areas where they must shine.

in Legion it was 7.2.5 that was the Class Patch and put Subtlety in a good place.

I doesn’t look like that’s coming this expansion.

In which good place?
The only good place of Sub right now is being “safe”. It has a lot of survivability and evaid mechanics, so you can easily run away if something going wrong.

But in terms of damage dealing you are “okayish” only on single target, but even in that area other classes whom have aoe damage as well can outshine you no matter even if you are higher iLvl than they are.

People sometimes kick me out from grp of M+ or rolling eyes in surprise that I’m sub and actually I understand them, after dungeon is finished even when I have decent gear I still only 2nd/3rd in damage meter.

I want to be able to reserve my right to be in PvE content without playing specs I don’t like.

They nerfed Subtlety again at the beginning of BFA (after the buff in Legion). They gave us a little back in another patch but it’s still tough compared to other Rogue Specs and Classes.

I’m still having fun and that’s all that counts for me.

1 Like

Well, I also having “fun” cause if I wouldn’t I wouldn’t play this game or this class at all.
But I don’t like how this spec is handling and placed in niche class of users. You do best — yet you still lack of everything that people need. Someone do their worst — yet they are at the top of the meters.

This game is full of packs (raids, dungeons, M+, even PvP), full of multi targeting, yet this spec is lackluster of AOE damage if it doesn’t have proper trinkets or corruption effects. Btu at the same time it doesn’t deal much more damage as other classes do to single target to compensate. it’s just average at everything and bad at aoe.
And since everyone don’t care how good you play, they need just your ability to damage in areas. Which understandable but sucks.

The spec’s confirmed to be getting a rework in 9.0, hopefully that also puts it in a better place DPS wise

Maybe with a long beta for Shadow Lands, Sub has a chance to be great again.

Subs may not be dps Kings but they bring a lot of useful cc to m+ runs that I’m sure tanks and healers can appreciate.

They don’t really. You are speaking in terms of “rationality”. Almost all people in M+ care only about speed of clearing packs (not even bosses) and ability to interrupt stuff that needs to be interrupted (which any class can do).

I was kicked out of M+ groups several times when I was inspected for my spec before start, and was commented unwell for this when people failed to see that I’m sub but then couldn’t do anything cause dungeon is already started (you can’t just kick someone out of M+).

I am a dedicated M+ player who has 50% chance to be annoyed by people who demand to be a meta class/spec. And I understand them, but still don’t want to change my spec only cause it’s needed, I want to play what I see is fun.

Its because of Prey of the Weak talent, Sub has a really easy time stunning targets making them receive more dmg from everyone

I switched to Assassination recently and gain like 15-20k dps just from that alone.
People stopped looking me over and checking my spec telling me that I should change it.
Its pity that loveable spec of mine is so underpowered in comparison of those two others. I now can actually kill things and some dungeons/bosses/and visions became MUCH easier.
Sucks that I can’t be damage dealer in Sub as well. As I understand they just want it to be stunbot or something.