Sub eviscerate tooltip dmg

Hey people,

I’m leveling as sub and am noticing a huge discrepancy with eviscerate damage. The tooltip will give one number,and the relatively consistent “actual” damage averages 20-30% less.

So if the tooltip says it should do (white damage of course) 300 damage at 5 points, I will do approximately 210 - 240.

Is this a known issue with the tooltip? Is it defaulting to damage inclusive of ability buffs (talent or class ability)?

This has been consistent for about 30 levels, and I’m level 49 at time of writing.

Edit: I’ve taken into account armor, and tested on world critters, training dummy and various world mobs with minimal deviations.

Eviscerates damage is reduced by armor.

And everything else that can mitigate physical damage. That’s why it’s in a crappy state at the moment.

#twicetheworkhalfthepay

Thank you for pointing out armor can reduce damage.

I probably should have made that my first paragraph instead of my last one to indicate I considered this in my testing which is why I tested on low-to-no armor creatures, such as forest bunnies.

When I play sub I don’t even bother fighting plate anymore, I only go for leather / cloth.

Find weakness is heavily nerfed in PvP for no reason so the only time I get an eviscerate that doesn’t tickle someone is against non plate.

Part of the reason sub is so terrible right now, so many stupid pointless nerfs in pvp

Strange. Might be a low level issue? Just did some testing on my Rogue here and am not seeing any issues.
Huh. It does appear critters have armor. I logged on my 50 Rogue alt and my physical attacks on critters are losing about 9% of their damage. Not just Eviscerate. That seems weird. Granted, I haven’t tested damage on a critter in years. But, anyways. Didn’t see anything strange with Eviscerate specifically on that toon, either.

1 Like

Armor of the target? Do you have find weakness up?