Stuttering after update on m1?

Anyone else experiencing stuttering problems? On my M1 MacBook Pro it says that I’m receiving constant 60 fps but experiencing stuttering after the recent Big Sur update + update that happened today for WoW. Before this there were no issues at my current graphics settings of 5.

Yes, I’m experiencing the same thing you describe now that I’ve updated to Big Sur 11.2. Game was nice and smooth last night and now it’s stuttering and freezing much more frequently. I also noticed that CPU usage is much higher than before even though I have changed no settings since before the update. I’m on an M1 Mac mini.

Yikes, I have seen some other posts with issues like this and I guess I should be happy to report that I have not experienced any sort of new issues with 11.2. I’m on a mac mini 8gb and only run chrome alongside wow. Battle.net launcher did just update today and I haven’t played wow yet, maybe this has something to do with it.

the stutter started happening after the last wow update. I didn’t upgrade to big sur. I’m still Mojave and the game randomly stutters even at a stable 60 fps. Disabled all add ons, its not that. Something is glitching. Tried a repair of WoW and no solution. Lap top is working perfect outside of WoW, its literally just WoW where these brief screen lock or skips happens. They last 1 second max and then the game is fine for another 5-10 minutes until it locks for 1 second again.

The update also broke a few add ons that I’ve since disabled. Not sure what changed about 10 days ago with wow but something did.

btw, its not just m1, this is a radeon pro version Mac.

I was having this problem as well. Turns out it was an “USB hub” issue – reset the hub and the problem went away.

Can confirm this worked for me. 2018 MBP w/ Radeon Pro 560X connected to external display via hdmi on a usb hub. Resetting the hub fixed the stuttering.

Not on M1 and same issue.