Stupid shadow question

Yes you do have the option to take Mind sear…but many people aren’t. Trying to build up to Mind sear in an AoE scenario is very in-efficient. By the time you get to an insanity pool large enough to make it worth casting, mobs are either already dead, or soon to die so its not even worth casting in LOTS of cases…maybe you have full Insanity on next pull? sure, then that can warrant a cast. However you are then stuck trying to rebuild your Insanity again. Most of the time, spamming MB or MS with psychic link tends to be the more efficient option right now. I can’t say i was topping the meters on each pull, but definitely putting in work without Mind Sear.

Yeah, I dont know what theyre talking about. I loved Mind Sear and they have definitely screwed it over from what I remember it being when I was playing priest before. Just easier to kill crap without it at this point.

The m plus build takes it. Idk who told you they didn’t but they are wrong.

What level keys are you doing?

This is a weekly 15. Mind seer was my top damage.

Psychic link is one of the worst talents in the entire tree. No build takes it for anything, even at level 70.

I do see that some builds have the Mind sear talent, maybe with some of the past changes it has gotten better. I have been having good success with Psychic Link so far but i may give Mind sear with Mind devourer talent build a try…May make Mind sear worth more to cast in my opinion. so fair enough for that

Can I ask why you’re stacking haste and crit?

Should be stacking haste and then haste mastery on leggos.

26% haste is pretty low.

Holy priest gear. I was playing shadow priest in 18’s/19’s for fun just to try it out

Ahh makes sense. I haven’t really healed much. I have almost 10% more haste than you do and it definitely makes a difference.

Holy priest and disc priest “tend” to have the same gear stats, but i know mastery is far better for Shadow priest but…Just no other gear for that spec since i just started playing it again after testing it on Beta for a couple weeks. found it to be more interesting than it was before

Psychic Link does not do that much damage in AoE situations in comparison to Mind Sear. I don’t find the new Mind Sear mechanics to be as awful as some say. Mind Devourer definitely helps! The only problem is how much time it takes to build enough Insanity to use it. It would feel much better if it cost 50 Insanity and just had a fixed/hasted channel time. That would fix the disparity in ramp up time in single target and AoE situations as well as fix the power disparity in how Mind Devourer affects Devouring Plague and Mind Sear.

In my opinion, the best thing would be to make Mind Sear an AoE filler again and introduce a non-channeled AoE Insanity spender. If a spender has to be channeled it should do A LOT of damage since it has a chance to be ended early.

Mind sear does a lot of damage now, and yeah if things die too fast then that’s always been a problem with shadow in general, the higher difficulty you go the more effective you are.

Oof.

Mind Spike, Flay: Insanity, Mindgames, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Shadow Crash, Pain, Death, Void Torrent, Mindbender, Void Eruption/Dark Ascension, Unfurling Darkness, Devouring Plague, all on rotation with all kinds of buttons lighting up.

Then depending on the situation silence, scream, horror, halo, PI, renew, flash heal, shield, sear, etc.

It’s probably the most bloated class I’ve played in terms of “rotation”. The number of binds I have is unnerving.

If you’re using 2 you’re doing it wrong. 5? Still doing it wrong. 10? You’re starting to get there but keep going!

Yea after doing a bunch of 18’s and 19’s after i had tried some 13’s and what not, mind sear became more of a useful spell to cast. i guess back when i had been testing it wasnt as tuned properly on beta and i found a lot of people not liking the changes. But i can see now that it IS a better choice and am trying to use it more often.

1 Like