Stuns and vanish

Vanish is still broken and enemies can still hit you while stunned. How much longer until there is a fix? We haven’t heard anything about a fix date from what I’ve seen. How much longer are we going to have to wait?

8 Likes

what about stuns having random timers?
I have a 5 second bash and more often than not it’s only 2 or 3 seconds.

Wouldnt expect any fixes at this point. They’ve gone awfully quiet ever since the Hunter bug thing blew up and they haven’t fixed jack since.

3 Likes

60 rogue here. Can confirm that vanish is horribly full of bugs. I posted a video about it.

Can also confirm stuns are broken as well. Mobs can continue attacking you while stunned. In fact, even if you open up with a “cheap shot” (instant stun opener from stealth), the mobs oftentimes attack you once.

Also, oftentimes when you stun a mob, they will turn around. This is most likely a bug as well.

Lastly, I’ve noticed that Sap is very finicky, especially in PvP. Sometimes I will sap a human player and it will last around 22 seconds. Other times I will sap a human player out in the world for the first time and it was last around 6 seconds. No rhyme or reason behind it. I’m aware of diminishing returns, but why would a stealth out in the open world only last 6 seconds when my target clearly hasn’t been affected by sap in probably the last 30 minutes at least?

7 Likes

it is intentional that batching can vanish you while under the effects of a cc ability

1 Like

What do you mean by that?

I mean that on retail if two paladins fight and at the same time decide to cast stun only one of them goes into CC the one who was nanoseconds faster right ?

same situation in vanilla both paladins would be stunned, the way I understand it batching is essentially queuing up abilities and unloading them all at the same time and was added to replicate how it worked in vanilla.

so if you hit vanish at a similar time as someones tries to CC you, once the queue is processed both abilities go off

1 Like

Which should not happen. Blizzard has acknowledged the some abilities - like feign death - are (and should be) outside the batching system.

Vanish should be no different. I have a feeling there was an oversight and vanish, an instantaneous ability, was included in the batching system - which is what is causing these problems. Either that or it is a bug related to mobs just not dropping combat.

3 Likes

if take feign death or vanish outside of the batching system so it is instant, everything else still in the batching system can still queue up and release against you?

I agree with that being how it currently works.

I was testing vanish last night though, and found that for anymore than 2 mobs it is very sporadically effective. I consistently was hit after already being in stealth, which I understand results from the batching but is something I don’t recall happening so regularly in vanilla.

I also find I can gouge, then bandage, but get hit after the bandage begins by the gouged mob. This seems odd, being that I’ve gouged the mob, the stun was commit to the server, I begin bandaging, which is commit to the server, then thereafter the mob hits me while the gouge debuff is active and animation is occurring.

I’ve noticed this very regularly while playing.

I don’t recall that from vanilla, is that how the timing usually was?

Spell batching and legion client there at work for you.

2 Likes

kind of got a weird theory if you hit evasion then vanish with 2 mobs does vanish work more often ?

/sigh

I don’t see this getting fixed or even acknowledged any time soon though, which really sucks since I actively use vanish for farming.

3 Likes

It does in fact, the issue is that I’m still getting hit even after my character has been in stealth for a short duration, so the increase % dodge reduces the likelihood of a hit.

That said, I don’t think that’s how vanish used to work is it? I totally could be remembering incorrectly, but I feel I previously would vanish and instantaneously lose threat, which I do observe on single target vanishes. It seems like when there is more than one mob, attacks have a higher likelihood of being commit in staggered batches, causing the later ones to hit thereafter stealth has already activated.

Is this happening for other spells too? Can you get hit after an Ice Block or pally bubble for instance?

I don’t think that’s how vanish used to work is it?

vanish (or stealth) used to break all the time for no reason.

I remember that one bug where a sapped player targeting a rogue spamming abilities could break stealth even though abilities were unusable.

I remember just sneaking along in AV and stealth falling off for no reason, nothing in combat log.

at one point vanish was so problamtic they had vanish giving the player a short temporary immunity while vanish was active just to stop it from instantly breaking (maybe was other reasons too?)

world of roguecraft (old vanilla video) mentions “auto attack out of vanish” bug

suggest macro

#showtooltip
/stopattack
/cast vanish

(I just now had the idea that maybe the rogues attacks were batching and remembered this old bug)

soo if they are recreating classic they got it right, vanish has never worked right but I still think they should fix it to its original intention, it should just work unless you are standing in AOE

Hum, I’ll try out the macro. I checked my logs and don’t see any attacks from my character after vanishing but nevertheless may help out, thanks!

That’s a good point as well. A lot of spells had nuances that caused malfunctions.

I do agree that this should be considered more of a bug than intended recreation.

This is how it was, and how it should stay…at least in PVP it works the same.

In PvE there are some issues with batching of attacks and attacks storing up and firing off in a flurry. I think that happens when you kite mobs and they finally reach you though…

It worked like this in vanilla, the batching window seems big compared to private servers but in the original game i remember vanish working the same way in PVP.
You should be able to vanish a death coil, or a HoJ etc… just like you used to be able to back then, that isn’t a bug.

In PVE though it does seem like a bug related to mobs not dropping combat and maybe vanish keeping you revealed for too long?

2 Likes

This. I recommend Neilyo 14.5 (halfway through TBC, but still relevant) if you want to see how crazy Vanish used to be (lol vanishing blinds AND blinding vanishes? How the f*ck does that work?). Bonus: you get to watch one of the most godly players to ever PvP.

It’s 100% not batching first the entire DR table is wrong. Which I have a thread on how many stuns are causing DR’s that shouldn’t happen.

Next I quit leveling my Prot because his CC build doesn’t work because of the wrong DR and stuns not working correctly. ( it isn’t batching )

I can Revenge stun you and you can attack me then Fear me run away and the Stun will then go off.

I can Revenge a mob it will attack me then get low health run away and get stunned.

Sorry but a delay of upwards of 2 secs on an instant CC isn’t fine or batching. So I scrapped the build that I used to play and respected! Real bummer cause it was what I was looking forward too and now I can’t even play what I want so I casually play a few hours a week on Alts hoping they fix everything that is game breaking and wrong.

Next charge is still DRing everyone’s stun. WRONG!!! That wasn’t added to the DR table till patch 4.06 so it is infuriating when you or another warrior charge a target putting 5 sec stun on DR. It doesn’t work that way! It didn’t work that way for years.

So they have a lot of work to do to fix this client that its running on. Can’t drop combat, can’t instant CC and the DR table is also wrong.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed heaps of times where iv’e bashed a mob yet it’s still hitting me even though the dazed graphic is above their head AND the timer on the bash is only 3 seconds.

This is truly disappointing and pitiful.

3 Likes