Stuck "Logging in to game server"

I’m stuck at the “Logging in to game server” message when trying to login to BfA. I am able to login to Classic just fine. Anyone else having this issue or is it something specific to me?

Hey, Bersekedone!

Is this happening for every character you log into on Bleeding Hollow? Test a character on a different realm to see if the same issue occurs.

I cannot get to my character screen to log in at all. As soon as I launch the game it goes through the various login messages and stalls on “Logging in to game server.”

Edit: I did a scan and repair but I’m still having the same issue afterwards.

Okay, thanks for following up. Let’s rule out a possible DNS/router issue by trying the following steps:

Power Cycling Your Network Devices:

IP Release, Renew, and Flush DNS:

Please let us know the results.

Okay. I did both of those and I’m still having the issue.

Next I would recommend uninstall Twitch (If you have it installed) and complete a full UI reset:

If you still experiencing issues logging in after this, we would need to see a WinMTR test:

Make sure to run the WinMTR test for 5 to 10 minutes while experiencing the problem.

Thank you. I was able to resolve the issue by resetting the interface. I narrowed it down to the “Config.wtf” file in the WTF folder, so I re-named that and I’m able to log in again without losing most of my UI settings.

Okay, great! Glad to hear that fixed it. :slight_smile: