Stuck in a guild on another server?

Alright so… I’ve been trying to open a ticket for 2 hours and I give up, there is no way to ask for help since the way to submit tickets is broken to start with (when you try to hit submit, it only lets you submit crash tickets and even then the “submit” button is greyed out)

My issue is I just got a realm transfer for my rogue iily-area52 who is now Zijo-wyrmrestaccord. The transfer went over ok but now I am forever stuck in my old guild on Area 52 and because I can’t leave (right click leave and gquit spits out a huge error at me even with all addons off) I can’t reach out for help because there is no way for me to click submit on my issue. Am I just forever guildless now?

I saw other forum posters come across this issue and in each case thery had to get a GM to help them through the ticket system… I can’t do that so I am at a loss of what to do.

Here is the error I get:

Message: Interface\FrameXML\StaticPopup.lua:4587: bad argument #2 to ‘SetFormattedText’ (string expected, got nil)
Time: Tue Jul 14 02:21:12 2020
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\FrameXML\StaticPopup.lua:4587: bad argument #2 to ‘SetFormattedText’ (string expected, got nil)
[string “=[C]”]: in function SetFormattedText' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\StaticPopup.lua"]:4587: in function <Interface\FrameXML\StaticPopup.lua:4426> [string "=[C]"]: ? [string "=[C]"]: in function StaticPopup_Show’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua”]:2027: in function func' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua"]:895: in function UIDropDownMenuButton_OnClick’
[string “:OnClick"]:1: in function <[string ":OnClick”]:1>

Locals: (*temporary) = StaticPopup1Text {
0 =
text_arg1 = “https://us.battle.net/login/logout?ref=https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/1460/solution?login
}
(*temporary) = “Really leave %s?”
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = “string expected, got nil”

You might wanna post on the Tech Support forums for the UI error. Have you tried a full UI reset?

Try this link to submit your ticket.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/167/solution

4 Likes

If you still have contact with your old guild, you can also try seeing if they can help. Often, we see this issue pop up because the shell of your character is still part of the guild, and a couple reports seem to say that having an admin of the old clan remove the character on their end works.

Certainly keep your ticket open if you can and do decide to follow this route, because it doesn’t always work.

4 Likes

I own the area 52 guild and looking at the roster I can’t see either name in the list despite the fact Zijo can see the guild chat and roster. I tried doing /guildremove zijo and /guildremove iily both on the guild master toon but still nothing happened. I managed to submit a “crash report” since no other reason in the web help will let you make a ticket anymore. I had to do it through edge browser though, the website breaks on every other browser…

Edit: Somehow it fixed itself? Or maybe doing the /guildremove commands actually terminated the weird connection without any system text to confirm it worked? Well its fixed either way so that’s good, ty for the potential answer, or maybe the servers just took a while to kick her out?

2 Likes

I found the other day I left a guild, could rejoin a new guild but it showed the old guild members. A full log out and restart of the client seemed to fix it

1 Like

You should be able to submit a ticket under the problem with purchase category.

2 Likes

Whatever this is, I don’t believe it to be a request coming from Blizzard. I’ve never heard of a “crash report” ticket or submission.

If your browser is crashing, it might be Microsoft or Google or whoever makes the browser you use asking for the crash report.

Edit: Realized the issue was fixed. Glad it worked out OP :sunglasses:

1 Like