Stuck between Priest or Paladin

Light, give me strength! …and girls.

4 Likes

Paladin Leveling -> Judge then seal and autoattack
Priest Leveling -> DoT then bubble and wand

So… about the same.

Healing wise however Paladins have 2 heal spells, and they use multiple ranks coupled with +heal gear and blessing of light (which is basically more +heal) to achieve different levels of healing and retain efficiency.

Priests have a heal for every occasion, need a hot? got one. Need a bubble? got that too. AoE heal? got one. fast heal? yep. slow big one? sure. They can also down rank any of them to take advantage of +heal gear as well.

The biggest difference in their healing is the way they retain mana, the paladin tends toward a very spammy many small heals everywhere play style, while the Priest is a much more deliberate healer, sure they can spam if they need to but it will drain the tank. They instead tend to drop a big heal, possibly a hot as well and then either wand or simply stand around not casting. This will allow them to exit the 5 second rule and their spirit will kick in to regen their mana.

The paladin regains mana by critting a heal, or in the event their mana is getting low (or lower than they would like) they can enter melee and weave the heals between swings (using Seal/judge of wisdom). They can also do this from the start if they so desire, it will lower their HPS… but often allow them to outlast any other healer in the game.

Priests are far more flexible, Paladin’s are the kings of efficiency.

Either way… go in the Light.

5 Likes

Undead shadow priest inc

I would recommend you to watch preach videos about the legacy of the Paladin and Priest

This is some very good info. I played this character back in a Vanilla days achieved a decent PvP rank, 7 or 8 I believe. I would like to PvP again as well as raid. It seems like Paladin is a better PvP Healer due to utility, armor, survivability. But also seems like there will be more Paladins then priests. I assume we will get the greater blessings for Classic but that remains to be known.

Pallies were better in dungeons, priests were better in raids. Priests were better in PvP due to mana burn, fear, mind control, dots and ranged damage, etc. I speak as a rank 11 holy pal. You hit like a wet noodle and have divine shield. That’s it.

Paladin is the obvious choice.

1 Like

Depends. If you want to put in the work and dedicate time to it, paladin is fearsome. Otherwise id say priest

All those paladin rolls on my dresses …

2 Likes

go paladin.

ally priest is really annoying to pvp with. every shaman purge spamming you. plus rogues and warriors will be on you 100%. nothing you can do.

1 Like

Because we look better in it than you do.

1 Like

Prot Paladin AoE farming says hello my friend…

3 Likes

That Judgement set…

8 Likes
2 Likes

Holy Reck Paladin says hello my friend…

1 Like

No way. Banana suit for the win.

1 Like

Technically both paladins and priests wore dresses for a while there…

1 Like

To bad the judgement set wasn’t very good at least for PvE.

-Sinclaire -Torch-

Good for PvP and walking around IF.

Its all about that Power Rangers look.