Stuck at 50% walk speed

I am stuck at 50% walk speed because I have Sacrolash’s Dark Strike debuff on me. I attacked a Bloated Loot Fly and I think it cast Reflection on me and I have the Absolute Corruption talent that makes corruption permanent. I tried changing the talent and changing spec also tried killing my character but the debuff doesn’t get removed. Thankyou for any help.

Have you tried entering an Arena or Skirmish match? Those can also clear hidden debuffs from your character.

Alternatively, you could put in a ticket to a GM to see if they can clear it from your character.

Be sure to fully explain what happened and what you have done to try and clear it yourself.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1369/ticket

Wonder if a Priest can try to cleanse you? Worth a shot other than killing your toon to see if it will take care of the buff.

1 Like

YOu can also take off all your gear and dismount in air and fall to your death.

The OP noted that killing himself didn’t work.

5 Likes

I’d be interested to hear if this works as well. Hopefully Ephraime will return with an update :slight_smile:

Usually when a debuff is stuck, killing the character is the quickest way to resolve it. It’s odd to find out that didn’t work in this case.

1 Like

Try Num Pad / to see if helps reset it. Or check what your Movement Key Binding is for Toggle Run/Walk.

3 Likes

I was gonna suggest this. While there are NPC’s that can hit you with a temporary movement speed debuff, there is no such thing as a talent that makes those debuffs permanent. Nothing like that has ever existed in the game. It’s far more likely you hit the walk key.

3 Likes

Sacrolash’s Dark Strike’s debuff has an infinite duration (and should only be on the target while they still have the Warlock’s Corruption on them).

OP: Maybe try getting a paladin to use Blessing of Freedom on you?

Or perhaps get into a duel with another warlock that has Sacrolash’s Dark Strike, have them cast corruption on you, then let it time out?

2 Likes

This happened to me yesterday. I was able to use my imp to dispel the debuff.

6 Likes