Struggling with too many keybinds on your Priest?

Check out this useful video from Anboni on how to create macros that’ll help with that!

https://youtu.be/XnE-lvDRffM

3 Likes

Not really, I managed to fit everything in for holy…but it’s a good video for people who want to learn how to make macros and clear up binds

I’ve been using help/harms for years, it’s so useful for saving keybind real estate.

Also interesting that help/harm works with Cleanse/Dispell to keep on one key.

Thanks for the share, I imagine this will help many Priests with the fee new spells we got.

+1

1 Like

Same. Help/Harm is good times. So is Clique and Grid if folks don’t like targeting players and just want to auto-cast on clicking a frame. As Shadow I just stick with help/harm. Not enough to worry about with Clique.

Example: Sear/Faith in the same button since they both “lasso” the target. Etc.

Only one I don’t pull double duty on is Mend since it autocasts on me if I have an enemy targeted and if I target an ally it casts on the ally.

1 Like

I’ve been using mouseover macros now for a bit, but with the unpruning in SL (plus two Covenant abilities) I have been trying to figure out some ways to free up some keybinds.

I get the concept of Help/Harm, but I guess I’m drawing a blank on what some good combinations might be. Also, can help/harm be combined with mouseover macros? Like could I do, I dunno, Mind Blast and, I dunno, Purify on the same macro? So if I’m hovering over an ally it uses Purify, otherwise it casts Mind Blast? This might be a terrible example, hence my point about needing ideas for good combos. :slight_smile:

Just dont use binds and u won’t have too many

Yes you can.

I have a few “like for like” examples a few posts up. So Dispel and Purify could be on the same bind since they serve a “like for like” purpose.

Sear/Leap since they both “lasso” kinda.

Etc.

I appreciate it! In the few help/harm macros I’ve seen I usually haven’t see a mouseover piece associated with it. Is this because people use raid/party frames that build this in so the “help” portion of the macro is automatically mouseover?

Hope this makes sense, and sorry if it’s a dumb question. I’m changing from mage to priest as my main in Shadowlands, with a focus on healing going into the new expansion. :slight_smile:

I don’t like this one because you can sear friendly targets and do find reasons to do so.

2 Likes

Just mouseclick to victory. No binding needed!

1 Like

Having a modifier completely defeats the purpose of saving a keybind. All it does is save a macro slot. Button bloat is a real issue for Priests and I wish Blizzard would get rid of unnecessary spells.

The bloat is nothing compared to Vanilla. This is actually a comfy spot, priest wise.

Can you combine a mouseover with these macros? And if so, how? :>

I saw you ask this several times I wanna help answer.

I’ve done a LOT of experimenting with this and you, in fact, can do mouseover with help harm. It is a little difficult to explain so…

First, I’ll describe then give an example.

As far as I know, you will only be able to do the mouseover on either the harm or the help. Not both.

Since this is the case, it’s better to do help obviously so we can keep heals, dispels and such able to be accessable.

On my Disc I use a help harm for PW:S and SW:P.

Here’s how it’s written:

#showtooltips
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead] Power Word:Shield;Shadow Word:Pain []

Make sure to include the [] after the “harm” spell so that will be what is active without mouseover(as long as your not mousing over your unit frames it will show the damage spell. Right. Easier to spam that way.

The forums is being super difficult ATM w some kind of draft error message spamming me so Il try and write more later.

But that’s the jist of it just use that format and change spell names.

Hmu if you have more questions.

1 Like

There’s a whole forum dedicated to this stuff that’s frequented by experts.

1 Like