Struggling kiting melee

I want to play caster for shadowlands, been playing melee for most of my time playing wow, The casters i been playing has been warlock, shadow priest and ele shaman. How do I kite with these classes?

1 Like

I can only really speak for warlock.

You need to remember to constantly update your portal placement. And ideally have your gate as well, even mid combat if need be.

If you’re kiting away with curse of exhaustion for example, don’t run towards your portal (unless you’ve accidentally exceeded port range.)

Also this might be common sense but if they haven’t reached you yet, wait to port until they’ve maximized the distance between themselves and the portal.

It’s rough kiting out there. Fear breaks nearly instantly and you can’t really buy yourself the time you used to be able to. Death Coil (mortal coil) works wonders as well.

PERSONALLY i’m running Gate Mastery, Amp Curse, and 3 target UA on my warlock for bgs. I’m dying so fast I don’t see the point in 5% mitigation from armour and 5% more health. Really doesn’t make the difference when I die in 2 hits anyway.

So when I gate, i’m freaking gone.

Tl;DR update and think about where your portal and gate are during a fight. Make sure you don’t position yourself where your portal or gate won’t move you a longer distance. (don’t port 5ft.)

and personal opinion, not advised by high rated players if that matters, amplify curse is bae.