Struggling as Feral

Hello all im struggling as feral this season.
last season i got 2500 in M+ rating.
this season im 2100 rating.
in raids and M+ im no longer top dps im bottom below every single class.
im not sure what im doing wrong, if its my gear but im 432 and lower ilvls can beat me.
My bites only doing 40k sometimes i noticed.
i have 4 tier set. enchted and gemed.

2 Likes

remember use bites with 50p energy

you not biting at 50 energy and 5 combo points. other than that, it’s not you its class tuning.

Just focus on single target / raid build for raid, for m+ it is mostly aoe… which cats are pretty decent at.
I’d abandon the lariat in favor of toxic boots + patch… but i mean, not huge gains.

And definitely upgrade your weapon, its the biggest boost. Craftable one is pretty close to the Djaruun. Wish i had your bomb dispenser :slight_smile:

im trying to get the boots.
also i know they are good at aoe but…it takes build up longer then last season and other classes beating me on aoe too…
i also use both of those builds but…still feels low dps.

I find myself swapping talent loadouts a lot to stay competitive in raid. For trash pulls I run my M+ talents and pull 200k+ pretty easily depending on the pulls. I swap to single target builds for some bosses and have a mixed loadout for bosses with add cleave. Anywhere from 70k single target to 130k cleave.
At 422 I can mostly keep up with the 436 Hdh that raids with us and am generally in the top 3 damage unless I mess up and let dots fall off or something.
Feral is very “on or off” depending on talent selection and single target/cleave/aoe. Combine that with the chunk of dps we lose for breaking season 1 tier 4pc and it could definitely drop your output a bit. For example I’d be 430 equipped or higher with the gear I have in my bags, but I’d lose upwards of 10k dps single target to break up my 415 season 1 tier ser.
Hopefully I get another tier piece this week and can experiment with 2pc/2pc and see if that’s worth while.

1 Like

Have you tryed stucking mastery, personality i aim for 40% crit buffed, 13% haste and over 60% mastery.

Normaly do 85k to 95k single target pending on fight

1 Like

I haven’t thought about stats, but I still stick to crit/mast with a sprinkle of haste and vers.
I’m around 35% crit and with a mastery food buff I hang around 71% mast. Something like 13 or 14% haste.

Yea, but i do know what you mean it very hard to keep up with other class that have same kinda ilevel as yourself. And if you cant do a proper incan opener due to been target by boss mechanic your not going to recover.

I do like the class but as not the highest dps class and bring no utilty to raid that boomkin or resto can bring you can see why feral are geting picked last!!

I do hope they address this soon

That’s definitely a problem with Feral having such a slow burn kind of playstyle with its dots. We have a fairly long ramp up compared to basically any spec with a bursty start. Having to run away or be out of range to keep stuff rolling on bosses sucks. Really any fight with intermission type mechanics feels pretty terrible, watching your dots fall off and having to spend energy and combo points getting them going again just to be stuck behind

how? wheres your character?

Developers’ notes: The following set bonus changes will increase the average number of stacks of the (2) Set Bonus and cause the (4) Set Bonus to trigger less often, but provide more Agility when it does.
Aberrus (2) Set Bonus: Chance for Shadows of the Predator stacks to reset reduced by 15%.
Aberrus (4) Set Bonus: Now increases Agility by 8% (was 5%). (edited)

so its rng and less now lol rip my life nerfed big time and barely buffed.
this is a joke. we need a dmg buff, how can bm hunters get buffed when they are already out dpsing us.
im done with this spec, thanks bliz.

?

Combo point overflow is decreased, and you retain a higher Agility bonus for longer. How is this a nerf?

They said it triggers 15% less

The reset triggers less, which is what causes you to start gaining CP. However those CP were getting thrown right into the trash due to overflow anyway (or causing CP generated from other sources to go into the trash, same difference) so you never received them. You can’t lose CP you never got to use in the first place.

It also means you retain higher levels of the stat buff for a longer duration, which is a straight buff.

443 equipped feral. 2700io here, you’re not alone, our single target in mythic plus definitely lags behind other classes. So many people saying “feral st is fine”, in other threads. The problem is for us to take single target talents completely neuters us in m+. Pun intended hue hue. I’m pulling anywhere between 80-95k on single target dungeon bosses with my m+ build which is pretty behind other classes that are pulling 100-110k. That said I do well on trash. Hopefully the changes coming in 10.1.5 will help us out but we are still going to have to make a sacrifice somewhere on the tree to take the new talent. I find myself regularly energy starved and I’m sure it’s going to feel worse having to lose an energy talent.

6 Likes