Strong BG / WPvP spec

I’d like to play a new class for Dragonflight, but I’m not quite sure which one. I have a few that I’m looking at.

I’m mostly focused on providing value and high damage in battlegrounds, but would also like a kit that will help me hold my own in world PvP.

I’m looking at Frost Death Knight, Retribution Paladin, Arms Warrior, Destruction Warlock, and Survival Hunter.

Could someone please help me decide? I know a lot of people get annoyed with these questions and they’re not terribly popular, but I would really appreciate the input please.

Arms is sorta a meme not sure if the recent buffs help enough. Fury or Prot is the way to go if warrior.

Ret is ehhh…same ole problems.

Lock is always strong/Huntard does their thing

DK in a great spot and great sustain.

Yeah I’ve heard the complaints from Arms. Kind of sad to see they’re struggling so much; the buffs didn’t look like they’d be enough, but I don’t know a whole lot haha.

Ret always looks really fun when I see them winning every duel and destroying people, but then I play it and it’s definitely frustrating outside of CDs.

I feel like Destruction Warlock was really strong during pre-patch because of talent trees + decimating bolt leggo, but I don’t know if they’ll still be strong in Dragonflight. I know a lot of people seem to think the damage isn’t there.

DK definitely looks like the most solid option right now.

Well sustain healing is important especially in WPvP which is why I mention them.

Idk it’s okay. Rather it be the time for Prot and Fury to shine. Prot is incredibly fun atm and is god mode in PvE. Atm Prot and Fury are higher damage than Arms.

If playing War I’d recommend lvling as Prot you can spec into 3 stuns have tons of tools and damage. Honestly they hit very hard in PvP too if played like Glad stance from WoD and take Shield Charge and Shield Slam synergies. Not to mention great bleeds.

I main Prot and shelved my Prot Pal for War. They just feel great like the days of old.

Yea locks are always OP

Surprised to hear prot warrior does good damage haha. Seems weird to think about.
Where does prot damage come from? Is it like modifier stacking or something?

I mean back in the day in Wrath and old expansions Prot hit like a truck.

Yea many modifiers and talents. For Shield Slam you have crushing force 10% dmg and crit dmg. Punish 10% dmg reduce dmg taken by 3%. Brace for impact Shield Slam increases the dmg of Shield Slam by 5% for 16 sec stacks 5 times. Shield Block increase dmg during it by 30%.

Then you store seething red stacks for Outburst which was their old Tier. Which causes Tclap or Shield Slam to 200% increases damage.

Other than that Shield Charge hits crazy and has modifiers also stuns for 4 secs. On Beta it was hitting for 100k+. Shield Slam with CDs up was hitting 200k.

Prot also has 40% increase damage with Avatar and Booming voice up. Then they have 2 or 3 bleeds good sustain and high APM attacks.

So it feels like Legion/WoD Prot/Glad stance. You do so much spread dmg or single target burst. Which heals you and fills your absorb. So if damage is going out you are super tanky.

Prot also has a cheat death. So it’s a legit Truck

I really do not see destro being very strong at 70. They lost deci bolt which was the only major source of damage it had. Incinerates for 30k and chaos bolts for like 35 to 40 at 70 are hardly mind blowing damage. Its tanky but can easily be shut down.

My ww monk alt which is now my main for DF is in 263 ilvl gear and routinely snapping kicks for close to hardcasted chaos bolt damage at 311 ilvl on my lock.

Arms and destro will be rough in WPVP because of super minimal self sustain.
Affliction is generally more desirable in BG groups because of the spread pressure and self sustain.

Frost DK is always a BG God, unholy is also quite good. If your main interest is BGs I would say DK.
DK kit in general is really great. Having blood available for solo farming is a bonus

Those classes are all terrible for RBG. If you want to win pick Rogue/DH/Druid. If you pick any of those you will deeply regret it.

WPVP is a meme and a waste of time.