Stress Test - uninstall now?

yes…i said if they threw in/made a new test, i havent [when i posted] seen it. im not making a big deal out of it but there are a few that seem to be. we are all aware of everything now. there is zero reason to keep -correcting- something that i myself said i didnt see/know.

Well no one actually pasted the part where it was said that there would be a test on the 29th where “everybody” from the last one would be invited so that’s why I went ahead and did it.

Why are you being fussy? Just turn off notifications for this thread if you don’t want to see replies.

and you arent the only one. i see. being inflammatory is fine but having a problem with it is -being fussy-.

It has nothing to do with the hd space. It is something called “managing expectations” and it is much wiser to expect nothing than have people holding out false hope. Everyone will be much happier in the end.

It’s broken AF… Just go to your wow folder and delete the PTR folder. That will remove the client, but not the PTR option in the drop down play menu.

So you’re not fussing about people correcting you?

no. i have no problem with people letting me know that the blue post was made, since i missed it. i have a problem with people continuing to correct me after i already admitted my error. multiple times.

I linked it because I actually read what the other person said and no one had linked the proper information.

I offered you a solution in turning off notifications for this thread.

Dude, get over it. This is extremely petty.

now you are just berating me. you asked me a question and i answered it.

And I explained my reasoning behind posting what I did and you are still nagging.

your question has nothing to do with the reasoning behind why you posted the information. you asked me

and i answered it. only for you to belittle me. stop being inflammatory and leave me alone.

“Leave you alone” lol that’s classic.

I didn’t belittle you. I said you were being petty.

Looking back at the responses I didn’t do anything unnecessary. You said you “may” have missed something and I pointed out what you missed. No one else did in between your post and mine.

I suggested you turn off notifications for this thread. You still fuss. I asked why you were fussing. You got offended. I reminded you that I gave you a reasonable suggestion. You said I was being inflammatory.

To think I merely gave you the proper information and a proper suggestion for leaving this thread behind. Shame.

TL:DR unless you are interested in uninstall not working so remove WOW folder and files.

Uninstall of WOW PTR using Windows 10 control panel didn’t work for me, so I tried an uninstall of the entire WOW. That didn’t work for me either. While I was looking for Blizzard notifications regarding the subject I saw their suggestion to “switch to beta” for the Battlenet app. The literature says switch to beta will reduce the redundant files and save hard drive space. I did that, made a new folder called wow_oldfiles on my desktop and moved my Cache, Interface, and WTF folders to it just in case I decide to use my old settings. I then deleted the entire World of Warcraft folder which included all folders and files of my regular account, the PTR, and the Beta Stress Test.

As expected, the “Region / Account” options in the Battlenet (just above the PLAY" button" were all still there.

I did a fresh install of WOW. Once it was optimal, I clicked PLAY. The sound setting were at their defaults so I adjusted them a bit. Remember that interface folder I saved? If I want to use any of my very few addons, such as TomTom and Recount, I’ll be able to copy them rather than download them again.

Everything is working fine. According to MS Windows 10 properties, my WOW install is 798 files in 33 folders taking up disk space of 53.5 GB.

There will be another test on the 29th with the same people invited. There’s a blue sticky on it.

I want to uninstall it to save space but the option for the stress test has been removed from my REGION/ACCOUNT drop down menu.

How do i uninstall it now?

This is incorrect. It is the “classic_beta” folder they need to delete. Deleting the ptr folder will delete the 8.2 ptr if they have it installed.

Also the game files for all clients are now stored in the “Data” folder. There are no actual game files stored in the “classic_beta” folder, only interface settings, screenshots, account settings and other information (cache files, logs). So if you did want to uninstall the classic beta, deleting the “classic_beta” folder would not be enough as the classic data files are still in the “Data” folder. They are only small however (less that 2 gig) so it shouldn’t really be a problem (unless you really want 2 gig of space back!).

He said PTR not beta. Deleting the PTR folder removed it for me, and reclaimed the space it took, so… meh…

OP Try deleting the _classic_beta_ folder in the wow folder then do a Scan and Repair in the BDA a few times. In theory the battle.net launcher’s garbage collection should catch it and reduce the size of the data folder but it’s only a theory (not tested)

For the next stress test you may have to reinstall but as it copies from Live it should only be ~2 GB or so (assuming you have a live wow folder installed)