Stress test today doesn't require Sub

Im not subbed for long time.
My launcher would not show classic at all (and i had updated it and rebooted it 100 times) until the very second i added a starter edition wow to my account for free.

So my main wow account is inactive according to account status page yes.
But my starter edition is technicLly an active account now so classic appeared in my launcher. Downloading now.

I’ll be “Boring Streaming” on https://www.twitch.tv/elorael

No active account means no stress test :frowning:

Omg these scammers wont let me choose a realm from realm list. Says need active sub.
What is actually wrong with these people. (Blizzard).

You have to pay to play, same as in August.

Greedy filth

1 Like

so you need active game time on your account to play the stress test
you CANNOT play the stress test without active game time on your account; you can download the client, but then you cant get past the realm selection because the game won’t let you, due to you not having any game time, which it notifies you of via. in-game error message
I just tried and had this happen

1 Like

Yeah. I just find it odd that this is the first time i’ve even been able to download the classick client at all. Very odd for them to suddenly allow everyone or nearly everyone to download and install the client, but then kick us to the curb for not having an active sub.

1 Like

it’s a scam that’s why. jebaiting people into getting this far means they will trick more people into subbing before the games release.
boosts their EOFY figures for their stakeholders.
like i said, greedy filthy tactics.

1 Like

I played the original 2 stress tests in summer of 2004. The first one lasted a week. Both were free.

No thanks, I’m good with the whole subscription jebait. I’ll be happy to hand over my money when the game comes out.

3 Likes

To clear things up for the clueless.
you may be able to download and install the Classic test program.
you may be able to see a realm list.
you may be able select a realm to play on.
you WILL be STOPPED at this point if you do not have payed time.

this is a ploy by blizzard to get you to subscribe, in order to participate in the stress test for a couple days.

3 Likes

Agreed. A filthy dirty scammer tactic called bait and stitch.
Lure you in as far as they dare let you to make it seem all the more worthwhile you subbing when they finally spit in your face and say “hah, please pay an entire months subscription in order to test our product for us and only for 48hrs at that”

1 Like

You might want to look up what bait and switch is. Blizzard has been quite upfront you will need an active account to play.