Stress test today doesn't require Sub

And that’s the point: you can launch the realm selector on retail, too. That doesn’t mean you can play your characters (unless they’re level 20 or less). They already said there won’t be any free to play in Classic so the <20 doesn’t apply.

There isn’t a mechanism to stop people from downloading, installing, or even launching the game without game time. In fact, why would they want to do that since it’s one portal to purchase game time now?

Post back after one of you without any game time are actually able to create a character (and play it). Staring at an offline server selection screen isn’t indicative that you will be able to play the game at all.

2 Likes

No harm in waiting for the servers to launch for the confirmation, though.

Can just sub when the servers launch if you can’t do anything without one, I would also be interested in knowing how that goes for you.

It would be a true stress test though if they let non paying people in.
I would go to assume most people waiting for Classic are not subbed.

I really doubt they will though.

Stress Test #3 may be a free for all, and hopefully include our EU friends as well. That’d be the biggest and best test for Blizzard to hone server stability.

The fact that you could install, log in and get to the realm list means nothing.

I have no sub. On retail I get to the character select screen and then get a popup about game time and asking me if I want to use a token.

I can switch servers as well to see my other toons.

All my toons have (inactive) next to them.

2 Likes

but this account has never given blizzard a cent; I’m on my lunch break atm and would like to know if I could get in after work, even though I’m unsubbed without having spent money on a subscription or nothing
or i could wait until then and find out myself

Be aware of how the forums take a dump when the last stress tests where in full swing.

Might not be able to sub for a while.

That’s the point.

Were you here after the first stress test and they updated the beta for WSG i think and people from the stress test thought they got beta because they could log in during those few minutes? I think we’re looking at something like that happening now.

You can log in now with out an “active” account and see the servers so it’s not really an indication of much.

The real test is when they go live and you can create a character.
Up until then the behavior is the same as retail with no sub.

3 Likes

They took a dump the first stress test. The one a week later they were fine.

There could be a lot more people this time. If someone has their heart set on getting in. Risking it might not be the way to go.

I resubbed on May 6th, left it recurring since.

Beta being announced on the 14th was a surprise. Kind of drained my will to keep playing BfA, though.

1 Like

Your not going to get into the Classic Beta Test or Stress Test unless you have a active sub going…plain and simple.

After i updated my Bnet app, my NA (trial!) account showed to have access to the stress test/Classic Beta options. I clicked “play” to see what happens, and to my surprise i got to see the realm list with all the currently offline test realms!

Is… is there still hope? Does this mean my NA account has actual access to the stress test tonight? I sure am curious to find out :open_mouth:

Don’t get your hopes up those that have no sub.
No sub = no active account.

From the blue post :

“…active World of Warcraft game account …”

3 Likes

I keep trying to explain this but they’re all…

Most likely “active” means “not inactive” and on the account page I’m “inactive” because I don’t have a sub. So most likely not.

Still, I’ll log in after things get fired up just in case.

I think getting to the Realm List is an artefact of the Retail client checks being far further down the line.

So there are a lot of good points being made for this just being remmnants of the live login process. However, I’m still hopeful it lets me create a character when its up. After all its only for 2 days.

At the same time some kind of Blue post verifying if a sub is required for this test today would be nice. Could easily clarify the verbiage and boost how many people will or won’t join.

I don’t think so. I don’t have a Sub but look at my account as active. You don’t need gametime to be active. Active = Valid. Not Subbed.

My account is active though I just don’t have a Sub. Active means valid or available. If I sub then my Active account will now have a Sub. When I Unsub my active account doesn’t have a Sub anymore. It’s still active though.

I am posting right now from my active account with “NO” Sub. That is what active is.