Stress Test Details – June 19

Appreciate the update.

Can’t wait to test!

Thats great man but what is CST…jees.

Just kidding.:slight_smile:

Ill look it up…sigh

Thanks for the update. Will post realm and results!

Close and re-open your launcher. The new launcher settings appeared for me when I did that.

3 Likes

i had to install retail for the drop down and stress test to appear … maybe it works same with w ptr … you need one or the other , if your expecting the stress test to show with neither retail or ptr installed it will not show up . in either instance the client needs to update and will not do it with out either installed

1 Like

So did i. I guess we both read it wrong in the same way?

1 Like

I think it must have been that the client is available today, with the servers coming live on the 19th.

I was able to download the classic client but don’t have active game time, Will I be able to play the stress test or is it similar to retail? That once I select the realm it will inform of any game-time related issues?

Thank you to Blizzard for the updated information! The communication will help keep people calm and from getting their hopes up. :slight_smile:

If I were to guess. It would be more like, they’re testing sharding and layering. Not announcing which is which, and we give feedback on what works.

Unfortunately we likely won’t know until tomorrow when the stress test starts. I keep trying to spread the word on this everywhere I can so ATTENTION Blizzard has said that game time is required to participate in the testing, on the other hand people without gametime can all download the client and log into the server list.

You might be able to play, you might not. Tomorrow when stress test goes live and once people start posting able to go into the servers, if you are unable to, you’ll have your answer. It’s entirely possible to see the realm list, but when you try to enter the realm or when you try to create a character it’ll inform you you need game time. Just check and see tomorrow. I will do my best to post in these forums the second we are able to log into the servers, so if you don’t have gametime I’ll try to let you know ASAP so you can see if you’re restricted.

Because RP ain’t gonna matter at this point.
PvP or PvE ain’t gonna matter at lvl 15 either.

We’re likely testing sharding vs layering, or something…

Here to hoping there’s servers without any sharding/layering, but with increased cap and dynamic respawns.

:coffee:

Actually. It will matter. Like prior stress tests there will be world PvP going on. We have 48 hours, once capped, I’d definitely love to go do some world PvP fun and record it, I have tons of recordings from the first 2 stress tests.

Not when your toon gets wiped. That was my point.
I’ll be rolling on PvP as well

Ah, gotcha. Yeah. Definitely going PvP, too. Going to be fun!

Maybe, but why bother to assign the realms the categories then? As it stands right now, but it might change, the stress test realms number 4 PvE, 5 PvP and 1 RP. If server type doesn’t matter, why implement specific types and groups of types?

The only reason I can see for giving a realm a type like that, is to gauge that type’s popularity, for example if 99% of participants were to roll on PvP realms, they’d use that to gauge popularity for PvE and RP realms.

1 Like

Dunno. But based on what the blue post said. I’d say that each realm, regardless of it being PvP or PvE, will have different settings applied.

Which is interesting to say the least. But hey, there only one possible set of settings for all the RP realms.

I think they’re trying to accommodate as many people as possible to increase the activity of it. A lot of people have certain types of servers that they always play, and will feel more drawn to it. Some people only play RP servers, because they don’t want the risk of world PvP. Or if people want to be on a server where they can create both a Horde and an Alliance character without server hopping, or if people want world PvP.

Question…if we previously downloaded the client for the beta/stress test, do we need to download the ‘live’ client?