Streamers = more players = more money = more content

No matter how salty you might be because streamers who dont really care about classic or may have never even played warcraft, are on the BETA.

in the end. this is good for all of us

because like the title suggests

the more people who stream beta, the more people who might become interested in classic.

if more people are interested in classic then blizzard will earn more money.

if blizzard earns enough money from classic they will consider to give us more classic content.

maybe we will get classic TBC, maybe we will get new exclusive classic content that never made it into the game 15 years ago.

random joe getting into beta does not help you or blizzard. but streamers do.

disclaimer I dont stream, I dont watch streams. I just think logically

How many people are going to want to watch the exact same thing all over again from a streamer when it goes live? It gets pretty boring pretty quick.

2 Likes

ask a sports fan how they can watch foot ball over and over and over and over again.

because hey… its the exact same thing right? throw, catch, score?

Classic content stays the same, classic is classic. The money should be put on retail, since it still in developing.

1 Like

But they don’t actually play football, they just watch other people play.

What do you mean more content? No changes.

2 Likes

I see this repeated as a tenet of faith with zero evidence to back it up. You have no idea if the streams are bringing new people into Classic. I suspect the vast majority of stream viewers are:

1. Regular viewers of the streamers, AKA people who already know about classic if they’re regular viewers of WoW streamers.
  2. WoW Classic enthusiasts, AKA people who are chomping at the bit to get into Classic but don’t have beta access.
    In both cases the streamers are bringing in absolutely no new people to Classic.
1 Like

Some people don’t get streaming and people who enjoy watching streaming. That’s fine.

Beta streamers made WOW classic the #1 most streamed game on Twitch. That’s pretty huge.

Watching streams is also an interactive experience. It’s not just watching static videos. You interact with the streamer and you interact with other people watching in real time.

But if you enjoy watching streams why play Blizz $15 to play when you could pay your favorite streamer $5 and watch them play?

Activision would end all streamers if they started losing out on money like that.

Actually someone who isn’t performing to an audience is more likely to pick up on something that is off. But w/e I CAN wait till august.

I really don’t get it, classic - well wow in general is so boring to watch. It’s fun to play sure but watching wow (especially pve) is incredibly dull. I feel like an old man who doesnt understand youngsters anymore lol

Like I said, some people get it, some people don’t. The average age of a stream viewer is probably around 20.

Agreed. It’s fascinating how many people feel entitled to something that was never promised to them.

It’s really an interesting psychological study on this generation and it’s incessant belief in entitlement.

they arent. the only people that streamers bring in is their own audience, which is only coming in to be with their streamer. once -the hype- dies down and they are no longer making money off of it, they will ditch it and go back to hating on it [the popular thing pre classic launch] and their audience will follow. they are what we and blizzard call -the tourists-. the very reason layering is even going to be a thing. the reason servers, guilds etc will die off and populations will become non existent. blizzard only used these streamers to incite a frenzy, or as asmon puts it -negative reputation-. though asmon also went on to admit that -a negative reputation is only good if you are a nobody. after that, a negative reputation can ruin you-. ironic, i know.

blizzard just didnt want to put in a single cent for normal advertising. they believe, in a narcissist kind of way, that treating people poorly will result in dependent behavior. kind of like stockholme syndrome. this is the exact same thing they have been doing to horde in general for years now. even they admitted that horde players have a stronger connection to characters and lore. so what do they do? crap all over the lore, abuse horde characters and kill them off, push onto horde players [shaming] for -being bad people for picking the wrong side- etc etc etc. has the same result. its like that but on a much larger scale, involving the beta and players in general. do you think everyone running to the forums to gloat about -their invite, their better, their amazing time- is just some random person posting because they want to? a few, maybe but consider that there have been people seen to have beta but never even logged in at all. knowing all of this, is what drives me further away from going any where near classic.