Streaking Stars

Is this nerfed in PvP beyond the 50% blanket nerf to all azerite powers? On my gear it says 4k-something. In PvP it reduces to 2k-something. However when I look at recount the biggest crit i have ever seen it do is 800 damage. I think this is somehow extra nerfed despite the fact all of the azerite power nerfs should have been reverted when they applied the blanket 50%. Seems a bit silly my azerite power during my big burst cd’s is doing .001% of my targets health.

There are some additional weird scaling mechanics that happen behind the scenes still. I suspect this is probably part of it. The other part would be the effect of players running very high Versatility to compared to S1-S2

Yeah I thought of that but I ran a few BG’s which always has scrubs and teammate modifiers and looked at the numbers after and the 800 crit was the highest I saw. Average hit was like 400-500 I think. I’d expect to at least be hitting some 1k hits if the tooltip is reduced from 4k>2k in PvP. This was with 1 streaking stars trait. Idk why I’m even asking as I’m sure it’s just nerfed extra behind the scenes, but was just hoping maybe I’m overlooking something somehow. Just tilting to be getting slammed by stuff like DH while I got 1 wing tied behind my back by Blizz.

It’s hard to keep track of all the changes behind the scenes because blizzard doesn’t keep a running list you can reference for this kind of stuff. I would wager some where along the lines it was probably set to 80% damage reduction and never changed.

To my knowledge some abilities are still reduced beyond the 50% blanket nerfs added in S3.

The thing is the 50% global nerf was done in part to eliminate this confusion and need to pay attention every little hotfix. It was supposed to revert all previous nerfs to traits and just blanket 50% nerf them all (with additional nerfs occurring later to the inner healing traits). I think this somehow slipped though the cracks as I am not aware of any other traits being nerfed beyond 50%.

Player versus Player

• Every portion of Azerite powers that scale with item level have been reduced by 50% in PvP.
    • Developers’ notes: With the advent of new five-ring Azerite armor in Season 2, we’re mindful of the increased potential for stacking and combining traits. Over the course of BfA we’ve also made adjustments to individual Azerite traits, but that creates uncertainty and unpredictability, where unless you’ve followed all our hotfixes you don’t know exactly how a given trait will change when you enter PvP. This aims to replace that uncertainty with a straightforward rule. This change also overwrites all previous reductions to Azerite Traits in PvP that occurred during Season 1, as they will all now have their reduction set to 50% effectiveness. Non-scaling and non-stacking effects are unaffected by this adjustment.

I didn’t watch this btw just used Gunny Google

This was before the blanket nerf I think however

Yeah thanks, but that was from 2018. The 50% blanket nerf is from Jan 22nd 2019 and was supposed to overwrite any previous trait nerfs. I was wondering if by chance there was an additional change made after Jan 22nd 2019 for Streaking Stars. if not then it must just have somehow accidentally retained the previous nerf and maybe even received the additional 50% on top of it.

Like I said it was hitting for .001% of someones health (based on a 500k HP pool) which is insanely dumb and worthless.

This sucks, I havnt even looked at my streaking stars x3 dmg, which should be hitting 6k+ each global but apparently its not so ill have to look into that

Please do and let me know what you see. Preferably only test in a BG or arena (arena is better but BG’s will give more data). The highest crit I saw was 800 with 1 trait. According to the tooltip it should be hitting (not crit but hit) for 2k+ in PvP.

Also the tooltips are calculated without factoring in trinkets/incarnation. So in reality it should be even more than 2k as I used a 465 badge and incarnation talent with it. Unless the trait doesn’t benefit from buffs?

edit: I’m thinking the old nerf was never reflected on the trait’s tooltip. Just did the math and if I apply the 40% nerf to the tooltip then reduce that by 50% it ends up hitting for 600 damage which is in line with what I have seen considering resilience and defensiveness.

It is still nerfed by both nerfs, i didnt realize the 50% nerf was supposed to revert it. Rip us.

The issue is the previous nerf wasn’t PvP specific. I looked at the notes and it’s just a general nerf (even though I think it was done for PvP reasons-namely Cdew’s team playing it). It just isn’t reflected on the tooltip still.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8021-Patch-8-0-1-Hotfixes-September-24-2018

Someone make a thread in general freaking out about it