Strategy for changing Black Lotus spawn?

Blizzard could go ahead and just make BL’s much more available however I don’t think that is fair given that players and guilds have invested thousands of gold and countless hours farming/buying BL’s.
It would be a big middle finger to those people if Blizzard came out tomorrow and just said we are putting BL spawns on all normal high level nodes.
So what should their strategy be? I was thinking of increasing the spawn rate of BL’s 1 or 2 weeks after phase 4 while announcing it a month or so before it happens. This allows people to get rid of or use their stock and will keep the price of BL high for the first couple of weeks of a new phase. Then once people have depleted their use of BL’s, increase the spawn rates.

Thoughts?

what do you mean, those people? /s
Also, can’t we just post in the other black lotus spawn thread that’s still going?

1 Like

Keep Black Lotus spawns in the open world exactly the same and place Black Lotus spawns in instances.

Have a node at the very end of Strathome, Scholomance, and UBRS with a 1 in 30 chance of spawning. This requires you to actually complete the instance with a group if you want to farm them. This will increase the number of Black Lotus by a large number, but will keep the price around ~50-70g which I think is a reasonable price.

They gave the finger to devilsaur farmers who hit 60 before everyone else. Why not BL??

2 Likes

They should just add it as a chance to drop off other high end herbs.

1 Like

This.

If Arcane Crystals can come from high level mine nodes, why can’t BL’s come from high level herbs? Heck, it can be a 1-3% chance.

4 Likes

I say halve the number of Black Lotus spawns. Let the real war begin.

4 Likes

Put Black lotus on the Alchemy supply vendor at unlimited quantity for 5g.

5 Likes

Could you explain?

That’s a little steep.

20s, maybe?

2 Likes

I propose that people stop being tryharding basement dwellers and raid without flasks.

2 Likes

The increased the devilsaur spawn rate thus tanking the devilsaur market.

Are you sure?
Nothing seems different to me, but I’m no longer frantically running around trying to find one so I can beat another group to one.
I’m also not in UG looking for them anymore, I only smack one when they get close to what im farming.

Anyone stockpilling Black Lotus at this point is an idiot. It’s been farmed and stocked away by way too many players & farmers that the price can only go down in the future. A lot of players will struggle to unload everything they have by the time AQ and Naxx come and will wish they got rid of it in early Phase 3.

This is really a big issue on our server (incendius), one person has 13 alts on horde spawn camping them. He plays and watches the other screens and literally camps it.

1 Like

They are constantly up… I can farm them pretty easy now. The spawn rate is not what it was when classic first launched.

If the lotus are always up your server is dying

1 Like

This. I feel like people take Classic wow way too seriously.

I’m on a nice, comfy medium pop server and a BL spawn doesn’t last more than a few seconds.

Yea i mean it takes literally one player with some alts to make an effort lol if they’re just up all the time that’s not a good sign

edit - i guess they could just be worth nothing cuz of layering and pop drop…Seems unlikely tho

1 Like