Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Yea. People can still post without subs. I honestly don’t know if it’s still a bug at this point or not.

Either way, I try not to bring it up too often just in case. Gotta stay below the radar if I want to keep snarking up the forums.

2 Likes

I think it works as long as you don’t disconnect your account from your PC. I erased all the cookies last time I was unsubbed, it disconnected me and I couldn’t post anymore.

I find myself conflicted this morning.

For a little background, I participated in my first raid back in 2005. I was the only female troll prot warrior running around on Garona. I started raiding on Alliance after my Horde guild fell apart and played a hunter and then switched to a shaman in early TBC.

Greatest moment was taking down pre-nerf Illidan. The yells and cheers over Vent are still clear in my head. I loved raiding with those people until real life started taking over and the guild slowly withered away.

By Dragon Soul, I was so burned out I couldn’t even think about going into a raid without feeling sick. After that, it was just LFR. After I joined Warcraftpets in MoP, I tried it again in WoD and then in Legion. Nope. Couldn’t do it either time.

We’re not a true progression guild. I doubt we’re even in the top 10,000. We raid once a week and there’s no pressure. So, when our little raiding group convinced me to join them for BoD, I joined reluctantly thinking it would be just the same old same old.

I…I had fun again as the team finally took out the 1st boss and then we took out the Gorilla boss and nearly won the 3rd fight before we ran out of time.

I hate the faction war story, hate every part of it. But darn it, I actually had fun raiding again. I’m going out farming for mats to make pots, flasks, etc and I’m not dreading Raid Day again.

I love my guild and our sister pet guilds. They actually made raiding fun again.

9 Likes

How many of them later died in Teldrassil?

1 Like

CDev: all of them…

5 Likes

Well, Thisalee Crow probably lived on to annoy us with her tumblr-girl voice acting again. And maybe the rest aren’t DEAD dead, but joined the Forsaken as Dark Rangers instead?

1 Like

Yeah she is in Darkshore right now.

2 Likes

Voice acting? This small, indie company, that just laid off 35% of its employees, can’t afford any of that swanky voice acting stuff. We got CEO’s to pay!

I… wouldn’t even be surprised, at this point. Fourteen years of beating Night Elves into the ground. It’s tradition!

Same here… My last days on this game too. Will be back to exclusively level the Zanda and the other alts and then I think I’ll show myself out of this trash expac.

5 Likes

Yeah man, there are so many followers. It took me years to go through the ones I did.

I didn’t see any during the War of the Thorns in-game event, though there was an unnamed Night Elf Monk that fought Saurfang in A Good War.

Last I saw of the Garrison Followers was during the preparations for our first time at the Broken Shore in this quest:

Such as:

Also remember seeing Garrison Followers paying their respect to Varian in:

So seems they survived the Broken Shore, but besides Thisalee (who is in the Darkshore Warfront and on Darkshore when the Alliance holds it), I don’t think I’ve seen the Garrison Followers NPCs implemented again.

2 Likes

Is there a reason for the lack of male ne in your list ? I also tried a few times to have more ne in my followers and I know I have at least one male.

1 Like

… I got jealous of Gallywix’s Pleasure Palace?

10 Likes

So…I’m alive, I guess.

I haven’t logged into WoW since November and I’m kinda just losing interest in the game itself. The community is still fun, though. Hense why I’m paying $13 a month to use the forums on rare occasions.

I’ve also been really busy with IRL stuff. Most notably, I’m currently doing Community Service because I punched an a$$hole at my school in the face, which happened back in November too.

Anyway, now that I’ve gotten my piece out of the way and I’m already thoroughly sleep-deprived for school tomorrow, how is everyone else doing?

5 Likes

I’m so bored of this expansion. If it wasn’t for raiding, I’d cancel my subscription. I can’t even enjoy mythic dungeons anymore.

Some people, such as that lich Hackbrew, can still post without a subscription.

Well, my fine ladies and gentlemen, this is the eve of my sub lapse. It’s been… a ride, to say the least. I guess I’ll be back if the story in general improves, definitely in the unlikely event the Night Elven story improves, or, realistically, if the boyfriend or one of my protégés guilts me into coming back. Until then, I guess Anya, Amadis, Aedren, Sere, and the others will keep fighting the good fight.

/salute

8 Likes

You’re so lucky. Mine doesn’t run out until June. You will be missed!

1 Like

The key is to make sure the phylactery is something indestructible. Something that cannot be harmed in any meaningful way.

Some called me crazy for making a phylactery out of another living being. But I feel my soul is safe inside a certain golden-haired prince.

His magic bones?

That’s me.

12 Likes

I’m glad the “conclave of the Loa” was just some random worshipers and not actual Loa. When I first heard about the fight I thought the Alliance were going to be slaughtering a bunch of Loa in the raid I was like “that’s a jerk move, boo!”.

4 Likes

I was afraid that we would kill Loti and Raal thankfully it’s not the case.