Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

That’s what I don’t understand. I get a company laying of employees if they aren’t generating revenue and can’t afford to keep folks on. I also understand firing someone who is bad at their job. This just seems random. It doesn’t seem like anyone knew who would get the boot until they walked into the office today.

2 Likes

You can’t give your CEO a 9% dividend for the most profitable year of all time unless you fire 8% of your staff. It’s just basic math bro.

3 Likes

Less than a day to go before my sub expires. Anyway, sorry for those who replied to me with questions here last I posted, but I’ll get to them here!

Right now my gaming time is focused on ESO and I’m really enjoying it. Haven’t encountered much walk-up RP yet but people say most the RP is congregated in the next zone I’m going to hit after I finish the current one I’m leveling in, so looking forward to that.

As to why I’m enjoying ESO the questing top-notch and all that much more immersive with literally every character being voiced and quests themselves containing majority simple but still mature content. Gameplay-wise, I feel could be a bit better (combat feels floaty as typical for any TES game) but I’m not pressured at all to min/max at all. Cyrodiil (the 1-1-1 faction world PvP mode) is tons of fun. Player housing, while I’ve not tried it, is something I’m looking forward to and have impressed so far of what people have made that I’ve been shown.

Game’s not perfect but it’s been a fun ride thus far.

4 Likes

Were you actually one of the 8% of Blizz that got fired yesterday so Acti-Blizzion’s CEO could give himself a 9% raise?

1 Like

Pfft. Look at you. Trying to be responsible. Nerd.

FF14 ads all over MMO-champ.

HOW CAN THEY BETRAY US LIKE THIS IN OUR DARKEST HOUR?

Well, the game is fun.

4 Likes

Blizzard gives you Trust Level 3, AND THIS IS HOW YOU BETRAY THEM IN THEIR DARKEST HOUR? (I couldn’t include your image because Actiblizz doesn’t trust me btw)

5 Likes

4 new dances:

Zandi Male - Arab Chehri dance
Zandi Female - African Gwara Gwara dance
KT Male - Mr. Thiccman dance
KT Female - Hippos from Fantasia

1 Like

I read the Zandi female was stanky leg.

Anyone wanna fix all the lore problems really fast and then get fired?

“Lore Coordinator, Temp”
~https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/ozgn9fw5

6 Likes

I’m… not even surprised anymore that that would be a temporary position.

It would seem kinda pointless. All that work smoothing everything out, meticulously making sure everything fits together. Only for Rule of Cool writing to take a bulldozer to the house of cards you’ve painstakingly built.

2 Likes

Holy freakin’ bananas guys, Rune Factory 4 is getting a remaster for Switch! Been dealing with some horrid medical stuff but hot dang is that some strong sunshine breakin’ through the clouds. Completely and utterly unexpected. And a freakin’ sequel got confirmed, too!! For a beloved series I thought was dead!! Gyaaaaaaah, I’m over the moon~~

(As long as we’re granting 3DS wishes, Nintendo, can you get Style Savvy on Switch too? The Pripara game was alright, but I need my HD boutique sim!!)

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear you’re getting good news. Even though the farming game genre isn’t really my cup of tea haha.

1 Like

The Link’s Awakening remake is adorable.

1 Like

I came here to complain about no Pokémon 2019 news, and the Zelda game just being a remake.

But at least Hanashi got something out of it. I guess I’ll be glad on their behalf.

1 Like

Thaaanks! Rune Factory does have a pretty big farm element, but is unique in that it also heavily features adventuring. Farming, cooking, and crafting become a bit more meaningful when it’s in the service of quests and such. But overall, yeah, still basically a Harvest Moon style game. Rune Factory 4 is my favorite of them all, though!

Right?! It’s super cute! I remember playing Link Between Worlds with the 3D on thinking, wow, this is just like looking into a toybox. And now they’ve really, REALLY embraced that aesthetic. It’s perfect! Link’s Awakening was my first ever video game, I’m so glad it’s being brought back in such a wonderful and unique way~

I was a little bummed at no Animal Crossing news, personally, but I figure that’s going to get a big blowout at E3, with more information than could fit in a Direct. Maybe Pokemon will receive similar treatment? Or its own Direct like Smash Bros? I’m sure the next generation is going to be incredible, they’ll need lots of time to talk about it!

Which is also a bit suspect. It’s been what, August or September since we last heard about that?

Probably so. But I’d expect at least a teaser in a normal Direct in the time leading up to it. Kind of like how they dropped that short, behind the scenes trailer for Sun and Moon, before we even knew anything about it.

I got a Nintendo Classic a few days ago to see if I still knew how to play some old games. My skills have diminished it seems and I am ashamed :cry: