Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

choosing a race that would interfere with helmets.<

https://i.imgur.com/OitGTGb.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/396246780456468483/530507531383209999/Viera_Sketch_by_Lelia.jpg
I mean… I’d adventure with him…

Some species of small cats, especially feral domestic cats near large supplies of food, form social colonies. They’re not matriarchal, per se, but because females are a bit more peaceful (usually), and have territories about half the size of males, the colonies are usually predominantly female, with a few adolescent or subordinate males. Territory in a colony usually works on a sort of timesharing system, with cats passing off alotted areas to each other on a pretty regular schedule, and the more aggressive dominant males are usually only tolerated while they’re en route to, or in, they’re designated spot at the designated time (or when a female somewhere in his much larger territory is in heat).

I say usually alot, because, at the end of the day, they are cats, and there is that feline tendency to say “Forget the rules”. Hence, catfights.

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

I’d be super down for Ronso as a full playable race! I’m doing a Creature Creator-focused playthough of X-2 right now and gyah, so many touching stories and so much interesting world building. Spira has such great, unique lore; I’d love to see it referenced more throughout the series. Give us a Hypello beast tribe too, yesh! With a machina mount reward…!

1 Like

There was a small ptr patch that didn’t seem worth throwing into the PTR threads, at least not yet.

Derek got a new model and the Alliance are getting a wolf mount.

1 Like

What’s up with all the locked posts just now? Somebody going on a reporting spree for no reason?

It’s Jaina! She’s purging again!!!

Quick, hide the civilians!

2 Likes

It’s happening in General Discussion too. Someone is having fun locking all the topics. Probably a matter of time before this one gets it too.

1 Like

I feel like they didn’t really check the posts here before they locked any of them. Some if you squinted real hard could be called controversial topics but nothing worth being locked over. We’re a reasonably sane bunch of crazy people around here.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Derek now looks more human than undead. Really tragic how the forsaken as a race are led by completely different, unrelated models. Y I KE S at these wannabe humans.

‘Let’s make Derek, who was consumed by dragon fire and left to rot for over a decade in the ocean, look more human than the standard Forsaken model.’

5 Likes

Blizzard clearly loves the Forsaken as a concept, you’d think they’d want to explore that more and be more creative with the Forsaken aesthetic. Instead we have boring human models with crazy eyes.

1 Like

Wait, they changed Derek’s model?

I guess they figured we couldn’t properly empathize with a monstrous looking zombie and had to pretty him up some.

Also, come on. Burned to death by dragon fire and after years drifting in the sea…

Meanwhile my guy dies of a bad cold and I look like I blew my spine out.

6 Likes

It would have been cool if, since he got incinerated, they did manage to resurrect him but he came back as some sort of wraith like creature instead of a generic undead. Like Salazar from Pirates of the Caribbean.

1 Like

Just wait until we find out Derek actually doesn’t have skin and that IS his skeleton

The Forsaken were rotted due to the Scourge Plague which as one knows has Fel mixed with the Death Magic(which is supposed to balance out/nullify Fel Magic in the same way Arcane does). Kel’Thuzad used this Fel/Death mix as a living Human and started rotting immediately upon death so a Corpse reanimated by the mix would obviously be rotting.

A more pure variant of Death Magic as the stronger Valkyr would be capable of would reanimate the Forsaken as they were when dead rather than as a rotting husk that a Fel/Death mix would do(Fel and Void rot everything don’t they).

So why is Lilian, Dumas, Redpath, Godfrey and every Cataclysm Undead also rotted when they were also revived by the stronger val’kyr?

Heck, Cataclysm era Forsaken Players are also raised by val’kyr and still retain the rotted apperance.

EDIT:
One angle I could see Blizz going is that Sylvanas had to use the more powerful version of raise, like she did for Nathanos, becuase Derek’s body was in too poor of a condition.

1 Like