Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Why do I have 7 fps in this game?

I probably would’ve flipped Kul Tiras horizontly, moved Drustvar a little further off and called that Crestfall. It’s not like we had any lore on Crestfall, it could’ve been the spooky mountainious island that Drustvar is.

But, I;m glad it’s appearing at least. And seems to have been in ruins since some battle. If it’s the Horde that wiped it, then it definitely confirms the battle of Crestfall that was left out of Chronicles is still canon, as the lore devs implied.

The last few hours of KH3 made me cry multiple times and I’m man enough to admit it. I love this series to death, and couldn’t have asked for a better ending.

1 Like

It’s been fun everyone. Hopefully WoW/BfA improves in the future for me to get back into. In the meantime, need to finish Zelda: BotW and start getting into ESO!

7 Likes

Really? You understand that game enough to cry? Most of us were scratching our heads during streams.

Just got home. Catching up on all the FFXIV stuff. No male Viera?

It’s really not confusing if you have kept up with the series at all. The problem is people thinking the games released in the last 13 years were spinoffs, they’re absolutely not every one of them is important to the plot (well, except Coded, I’ll grant that that one is just filler).

1 Like

I don’t normally like lowbie ganking videos, but I couldn’t help but laugh at this one.

They’re being very coy about the bunny boys.

They really are. I saw some concept art a while back, that I really liked. So, I hope they’re not taking a page out of TERA’s book, and making them female-only.

One of the Mysteries unanswered is how Xehanort has Silver Eyes in the Trailer for the game’s Opening(not to mention the rest of the opening in the Game itself) despite his older self Master Xehanort and younger self Young Xehanort having Golden Eyes.

I’m going to assume Xehanort’s Heartless Ansem shoving a piece of himself into Young Xehanort and telling him to gather and arrange the creation of 13 Vessels for his Heart is responsible which means that the presence that Xehanort felt when traversing worlds during his Keyblade Training was obviously Young Xehanort trying to shove a fragment of Ansem’s Heart into him.

In any case Xehanort’s influence only amounts to filling others with Apathy, Despair and Rage.

The yellow eyes in KH are typically used to show someone giving into the darkness. Xehanort in the opening movie has silver eyes because he was curious about the darkness at that point, but he hadn’t given into its power yet. The young Xehanort you fight in the game is later in the timeline after he’d embraced the darkness.

That Young Xehanort we fight is supposed to be before he left Destiny Islands and thus before he started training to use the Keyblade(it was a Xehanort who _already left Destiny Isl_es who was playing chess with Eraqus in the Opening)!

According to KH3 he had a piece of Ansem or Master Xehanort inside him until he went back to his own time period a second time.

Yellow Eyed people are usually a vessel for one of the 3 main Xehanorts(Ansem, Xemnas and Master Xehanort) as Saix, Xigbar, Vanitas, Demyx, Larxene, Luxord, Young Xehanort and Vexen are all Vessels according to KH3.

A certain someone in KH3 even gets White Hair and Yellow Eyes from Ansem shoving a piece of his Darkness(as Heartless are the Darkness inside Hearts consuming them from the inside out) into that person’s chest(the Darkness literally spread from where Ansem’s attack hit).

Well I just got back from Final Fantasy Fan Festival. It was some good bit. Some of the FFXIV stuff felt like wasted time though.

Super amped for Gunbreaker. Been playing a DPS too long as it is.

Got to take a picture with Yoshi P. Man his costume was so extra. They definitely went the extra mile with it.

2 Likes

Shadowbringers definitely is looking interesting. It at least kind of looks quite different from what we have had so far for the story and setting. Minfilia being the child wasn’t a huge surprise though.

Everytime someone asks Yoshi P he seems to say ‘we still have Tokyo fanfest’. I saw some suggestions that there would be some kind of more beastal male model more like the Ronso from FF10 but if that was the case I imagine it will be a different species. If they are being true to Ivalice, male Veira are rare and tend to live in solitude. Then again that is pretty similar to male moon seeker Miqote and they are playable.

1 Like

He said that about so much that I felt we didn’t really get a whole lot from this one.

We did but it felt incomplete. We got stuff on the 24 man raid, zones, Veira, one of the new jobs, and a lot more of the trailer but because it isn’t really clear exactly where we are going and what is happening it is hard to put all the parts together. I am really liking the concept art for the new AF gear though.

Same.

Super glad the gunbreaker gear doesn’t have Thancred’s choker.

The lion things? I thought they had females, though.

That’s actually pretty accurate of rabbits. The old idiom “mad as a March hare” partially comes from how territorial and aggressive some lagomorph species can be during the breeding season. Which, speaking of Miqo’te, is also pretty accurate of some cat species.

They did in FF10 but if they are having a female only race because the males just aren’t Adventuring material then it wouldn’t be impossible to write up similar lore for a Ronso race. Maybe the Females are rare and tend to be brought up to be the centre of their communities or something. It is still a rumor though so it is quite possible we will just get male Veira.

Yeah, Miqote culture does reflect behaviour in large cat families with Sun Seekers tending to be lion like with a male with a pride of females. Not as sure about Moon Keepers but the structure sounds much the same apart from the tribe being Matriarchal and males remaining outside the tribe except for visits. Ironic since Miqote apparently dislike being compared to cat species.

1 Like