Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I didn’t feel like running through the instance to try it. I just put a soulstone on myself and flew in, dying as expected. After that, i didn’t get attacked but it was still annoying.

I was going to say I actually saw a Night Elf NPC with glasses.

But that was Hearthstone.

I need more sleep.

1 Like

Sup, nerds.

8 Likes

Are you here legally?

We should prepare ourselves for what happened to HOTS today to happen to WOW. Manage your account and in game purchages appropriately.

2 Likes

Can you clarify what happened to HOTS? I heard vague things and didn’t quite follow.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/22833558/heroes-of-the-storm-news

Are you ICE?

I’ll ICE you.

That was a come on, not a threat.

TLDR: They offered a year subscription (stimpac) on sale while promoting their 2019 Esports…and as soon as the sale ended announced they were moving everyone to other teams and cancelling their Esports events. Effectively the game is dead now, and on “maintenance mode” to try to milk the last few drops out of suckers. They done the community real dirty.

Also, now you can’t directly buy most things in HotS. It’s all lootbox RNG with IRL money. Have fun!

Savage. Honestly, I always questioned Heroes given how saturated the MOBA market seemed between League and DotA 2. Not sure what the end bottom line was, but yeah, questionable.

I’m looking over Tyrande’s new model in the WoW Model viewer, and it really never occured to me before now just how many ‘cutesy’ animations female night elves have.

It reminds me back when I joined the WoW forums, night elves were called “Valley girls” for a reason.

It wasn’t cut out for esports and shouldn’t have been pushed so hard as one, but the devs seemed passionate about the game. Still, it was a latecomer to an incredibly saturated genre that has its bubble starting to burst. It sucks immensely for the pro players, who now need to scramble to find a source of income for the coming year(teams had a $20k salary from Blizzard), because they were told in emails only a couple weeks ago that the leagues were continuing and even expanding.

I’m cautiously believing the Kotaku(I know, I know) articles regarding the shareholders and Activision more or less seizing direct control of the company after years of bad decisions have hit Blizzard’s profits. With the state of BfA being what it is, I’m wondering if we’ll even see a 9.0.

Looks like the Secrets discord is finally onto something, hopefully it’s actually the Hivemind mount this time.

From what I remember, and I could be wrong, it was even originally marketed as more casual than the competitors? At least that’s what I thought from the way the mechanics were described.

Yeah, that’s quite a shame. No question that being a pro-gamer is a very volatile profession in that regard.

The Activision boogeyman wouldn’t surprise me. But I’m never sure how much faith to put in that idea.

I want to ask you guys some advice on a dumb anime phone RPG.

I can increase the level cap of one of two characters, but only of one. I like both of them a lot, so I can’t decide.

The first is a loyal knight who lived for hundreds of years to stop his beloved king who had become a god in order to “save” humanity. He is a normal human in a world of supermen.

The second is an optimistic, all-loving adventurer who participated in a bunch of wacky stories but wasn’t the main character of any of them. While not the strongest in the world, he makes up for his weakness with a different weapon for many occasions.

I can only increase the cap of one of them. Based on these descriptions, which one?

1 Like

I’d go with knight, but honestly, I’d go with min/max whichever is better at the very ultramax end of the game.

I’m all about blindly trusting teir lists made by other people. :smiley:

~https://gbf.wiki/Character_Tier_List#SSR_Characters
~https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

1 Like

The knight sounds a lot cooler.

1 Like

So I just finished the main story of FF14. The base game, not the expansion yet.

…yeah, anyone who says that you can’t do a good political intrigue story in a MMO is lying.

5 Likes

Nice. Still only just about thirty, but things have been improving a bit since twenty on. What is the end of the main line, around fifty?

Not sure if I said this here. I was sad, saw the game was on sale on their site. Went home and apparently there was a waiting list for online versions on sale. And it went off sale a few days after this. A letdown.