Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I do think the actor that portrays him is too dramatic and the overall portrayal feels forced.

I liked Magnussen a lot on the other hand; shame he last so little…

Them making Moriarty into a gay stalker rather than a criminal mastermind was one of the main things that bugged me about their story direction.

I really enjoy my Tumblr blog, and follow a lot of wonderful people and content creators. While I don’t personally engage with the strictly-naughty parts of the site, I do engage with artists and other content creators who are being hit hard by overly-sensitive or outright false mature content flags. And even the actual NSFW blogs don’t deserve this sudden purging – for a lot of people, that’s their only form of self-expression, their self-confidence, even their source of income.

I absolutely understand a stricter hand on the illegal stuff, that’s been needed for a long time. But they obviously went too far, out of… what I can only assume is laziness? It’s ridiculous. Tumblr’s going to lose a huge chunk of active users, a primary source of a new users, and a whole lot of revenue. And it’s going to be much less fun to use for a broad spectrum of people.

Kind of reminds me of these forums, ehehe~

Speaking of which, I’ve been playing a lot of FFXIV recently, working on the 2.X patch content. I’m in love with Scholar, because who can pass up a precious and cute little faerie pet who heals the entire dungeon for you? Plus the adorable book-reading animations! And the pretty sparkly spells! I’m over the moon~

Oh, and on that topic…

Thank you so much for this link!!! I binged on that page in the bath last night. Super relaxing! Gotta pick me up those lore books, too, 'specially since there’s a free minion in one of 'em >:D

7 Likes

I have the first one and loved it, it’s got a history of the world up to near the end of Heavensward, descriptions for every class’s unique weapons/armor and some abilities, profiles for a ton of characters, geography sections, so much. It’s great. It almost makes Chronicle look lacking in comparison, since Chronicle was just the timeline part.

I ordered the second one a week ago from Square’s store and it’s still not here yet. :expressionless: No idea what’s in it besides stuff from Stormblood’s new zones, but it’s just as long as the first page-wise.

1 Like

You people are talking me into trying ff14. Stop it.

1 Like

Then join the discord. Give into the temptation…

1 Like

I’m over this retail stuff. I need a job where I can be imperious and snarky. With impunity.

Or something with animals.

You can’t leave now. I’ve finally come around to your way of thinking on Anduin being just the worst.

No amount of Wranduin fanart can redeem him, now.

Well. Don’t know how many will know or care, but I’ve cancelled my subscription. I still love this game, and this world, but I’m having money stuff right now, and to be honest, I don’t want to pay for a game that isn’t bringing me fifteen dollars a month worth of enjoyment.

Normally I just fall of the radar for a while, this is the first time I’ve actually cancelled. So I have until the end of December to post still, but after new years my account will be cancelled.

Maybe I’ll return someday. Maybe the next patch is super exciting, and I want to see it. Maybe the next expansion. Maybe never. I dunno. I’ve played this game since TBC, and every break I always knew I’ll come back. This time no so much.

So, hey, it’s been fun. Honestly this forum and the posters here are the best and worst part of WoW for me. If I didn’t post on these forums, I think I would’ve quit years ago.

20 Likes

Think you can still post without a subscription. Either way, I always think you have the best knowledge on Warcraft lore when I see you post.

It sounds like their solution to the problem is to actively alienate a large portion of their userbase. While also arbitrarily ignoring other content against their rules like hate speech. Bold move, Cotton. Let’s see how it goes.

Dang, that sounds very cool. The only thing that’d been holding me off more is lacking the lore knowledge.

1 Like

Aww thank you. And yeah, I’ve got until new years eve, so I’m not gone yet.

Just thought I’d say it now, so people know when I once again stop posting in a months time.

2 Likes

It’s true. You can post without a sub.

1 Like

Well, to clarify, without a subscription and without game time. Before they said it was a bug. But I hear from a reliable source that it is still possible.

:eyes:

2 Likes

It’s kind of iffy. I believe Blizz went on record saying that was a bug. However, if it is, they haven’t fixed it yet.

And Irenaus is right. You’re one of the ones at the top of my list in terms of WoW lore knowledge and being largely unbiased and neutral.

Plus that hat. Really screams “Warlock” to me.

2 Likes

Count me among those who will miss you. You’re good people, Ximothy.

5 Likes

Lack of free resources is definitely a problem for anyone looking to get into it. Ethys Asher is probably the best person on Youtube for it, but his uploads are… infrequent, to put it lightly. Still, he has a lot of the history covered. There’s also Speakers Network, who do a lot of stuff covering the changes in the world as a result of the 7th Umbral Calamity(end of 1.X, when Bahamut blew up the moon), though they’re not really a story-centric channel.

I would also recommend the official lore forum, honestly. The co-story and world lead is American and posts a decent bit there, especially as far as song lyrics and language go. The people that post there are also generally pretty nice in my experience. I don’t know if Anonymoose still posts there, but the guy was a lexicon.

1 Like

Anonymoose does, I think. At the very least I know he was recently asked to be a fact checker for the second lore book, he showed up on stage at the panel for the book at their Blizzcon-equivalent a few weeks ago.

I’ve only stopped by their lore forum once or twice but that guy definitely knows what he’s talking about.

1 Like

So many people have cancelled. Basically every person I like and respect on this forum…including me! I guess Blizzard’s plans for BFA have paid off!

4 Likes

I always liked your posts Ximothy, hope you find enjoyment somewhere else.

5 Likes

Some here seem to think Blizzard have some evil Machiavellian Xanatos gambit going with BFA…but then they do this. A contest to win a free Diablo Switch…that only people who own Diablo Switch can enter. What?

imgur.
com/gallery/DS6zocH

1 Like

But check out that sweet bag, Haha!

Surely that makes it all worthwhile!

I bet it isn’t even nylon!

(Fun fact, I can’t even look the bag up to fact check my joke cause it 404’s on Blizz’s merch site)