Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

One thin I’m liking about the FF14 story is that part of the backstory is a fairly recent mini-apocalypse (or at the very least calamitous event) and a big part of the main story, at least at low levels where I am now, is about rebuilding, repairing and restoring.

I’ve long been critical of stories that have an apocalypse in the distant past, hundreds or thousands of years ago, but the state of the world and societies would forgive anyone from thinking it was last week.

1 Like

I have to admit, I find it mildly humorous that you’re giving FF14 a try, a game where all of the playable races are variants of human.

1 Like

Only at level twenty-five, been trying to get back into FF14 again. Just a minor uncertainty as to what job I want to stick as. I know you can technically be multiple, I just mostly one to stick to one, mainly as a transmog and roleplay are what I care about. Right now I’m a Pugilist. Wasn’t sure if I wanted to stick towards Monk, go Dark Knight, or use either until when Samurai is an option.

Related, it seems really hard for me to find deeper stuff in the lore. Not sure if there’s just less to dig into or less flushed out online sources.

1 Like

GOOD

I think it’s just that there’s not a big fleshed out wiki the way we have Wowpedia. Their two Chronicle-equivalents are pretty in depth.

I use this tumblr as a handy guide: mirkemenagerie . tumblr . com/post/167534982764/mirkemenagerie-update

I can’t include links RIP, so remove the spaces

I play a Red Mage in FF and enjoy it a ton. I don’t know anything about how Monk or DK play, but I do know that Dark Knight will be the face of the next expansion the way Dragoon was for Heavensward and Monk and Samurai were for Stormblood, so if you want to feel thematic there’s that. I’ve also heard wonderful things about the DK class storyline.

6 Likes

Praise Elune
:raised_hands:

2 Likes

esportsinsider. com/2018/12/limit-partners-with-gnc-for-battle-for-azeroth-raid-progress/

When did GNC start sponsoring esports teams and why does that feel like the weirdest thing I’ve said all week?

1 Like

Join us in the Story Forums Discord, Lena. All the cool kids are doing it.

Yeah, being able to be every class on one character is nice for convenience, especially because of how long initial leveling takes, but it’s not terribly great for character identity.

At the moment I’m thinking I’m just going to pick 3 classes so I can get different gameplay without my character being all over the place. Machinist, Dragoon, and Summoner/Scholar(that still only counts as one!).

Well, at the moment I’m in Heavensward content where it’s an elf city with a bunch of humans as servants and I am ok with that.

6 Likes

@Lena

I’ve been asked to give you a message.

Ahem. “The Lannisters send thei–”

looks at note

Oh.

It’s " ESO or Warframe. Sam sends her love."

And who are you
The proud lord said
That I must bow so low?
Only a cat
Of a different coat
That’s all the truth I know…

6 Likes

Wait, can Sam like things but not post?

1 Like

As far as I know she got banned within a day of people finding out that inactive accounts could post. Maybe she still haunts the thread, I dunno.

1 Like

I hear that if you turn the lights out, look in a mirror and chant “Samariyu” three times, she’ll appear and throw blight at you.

3 Likes

Apparently tumblr is banning nsfw stuff. Well there goes my reason for going back.

1 Like

For years, Tumblr had massive and increasing amounts of child p. Many people complained and reported, but tumblr did nothing. Tumblr got in trouble for it, and now they are overreacting the other way and have said they are going to be banning ALL nudity (including cartoons even).

1 Like

Not that I don’t believe child p exists there, nor do I want to look for it, but how do people encounter it? I’ve dealt with bots more than anything.

There goes Tumblr’s only reason for existing.

And Blizzard is going to lose a lot of free Overwatch advertisement. lol

2 Likes

Finally decided to stop procrastinating and give a try to Netflix’s Sherlock series.

And I realized the game is on an awful state right now (I mean, I log to play and basically get drowsy, and the fix to the zombie feeling is watching one Sherlock’s episode -actually the fix is so good it’s basically counterproductive considering I get so hyped afterwards is hard for me to get asleep…)

2 Likes

2 things on Sherlock: First season fantastic. Second season problematic. Third+Fourth season horrendously bad. Prepare yourself for it to go downhill super fast as each season is only 3-4 eps.

Also, just be a nerd, it’s a 2010 BBC show that Netflix added to their queue.

Lul, my standards while drowsy must be ridiculously low cause I’m on 1st episode of 4th season and I still dig the show…

See? BfA is basically a hazard now.

2 Likes

My problem with BBC Sherlock is their Moriarty. He’s impossible to take seriously and not threatening at all.