Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

wasn’t the gate to darnassus based off that thing in korea

Yeah, unfortunately I don’t think WoW has enough Japan analogue yet. I guess they’ll have to introduce Japan themed content to add Kimonos. I’m not really sure if they are going to consider adding another Asian themed content, but I would love it

2 Likes

Problem is where would you draw it from? Lost tribe of Night Elves that went full feudal Japan?

1 Like

That’s interesting question. They did say Shadowlands is very vast and we’re only seeing just some parts of it. I think it’s good opportunity to add thematics that doesn’t exist in WoW yet

1 Like

I really hope they do something like that for patch zones.

3 Likes

I admit I am no expert - Godzilla is the extent of my knowledge when it comes to Japan - but I hear some people mention the Vulpera naming conventions are similar to Japanese. I dont know if thats the case.

Kiro? Nisha? Meerah? Those are the only ones I can name. Idk. But maybe they will bring kimonos.

The Vulpera do talk about more of their people across the seas. Maybe we will find a Vulpera homeland and it can be “Japan themed.” With kimonos.

2 Likes

I thought Vulpera borrowed from Romani Gypsy types though I don’t really know enough about them to be sure. It’s the whole nomad and wagons thing.

Star Wars Theory is so confident that the Woman was Palpatine’s crush that he fails to consider that the lady may have been an adult torturing child Palpatine using the same equipment Vader used on Han during Empire Strikes Back!

Imagine if you will a ruthless old lady grabbing a young Force Sensitive the same way Cade Bane did(stealing a Holocron with info then visiting the Parents) and preforming horrific experiments only for Darth Plagueis to show up and rescuing said young Force Sensitive and training him in a way that continued the abuse while increasing the child’s cunning!

I’m working my way through these Borderlands games way late and I just finished the Pre Sequel a few days ago and man, if they were trying to make Handsome Jack more sympathetic I think they failed totally. I still think he’s the same monster with delusions that he’s a hero he always was, the only thing they succeeded in doing was making me hate everyone else in the game too after I thought about it. They’re all such bad people. “No place for a hero” indeed.

1 Like

It’s Thanksgiving in the USA(I live in Canada) and the worst part of Thanksgiving Dinner is the Turkey in my opinion. As bad as Goose in my opinion. Chicken is better.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8G4yew-1O0 It’s always fun seeing Jaina Proudmoore in other stuff. Though I almost always never realize it’s her initially.

1 Like

This is also Jaina’s voice actress:

I ran into Grandblade yesterday in AV while playing my Arms warrior, Fythrae.

Sorry I killed you in the South Bunker, Grand…

She also plays a Jedi Knight in SW:ToR - Kira Carson. I once caught myself calling her Jaina while playing my Jedi character.

2 Likes

She’s one of the most famous voice actors in America. She’s in just about everything.

2 Likes

Quick lore question, what was the relationship like between Kul’Tiras and Lordaeron before the Scourge?

Off the top of my head, I think they were on good terms. Kul Tiras was one of the kingdoms that remained in the Alliance with Lordaeron while Gilneas, Quel’thelas, and Stromgarde left.

1 Like

She’s also married to Turalyon.

2 Likes

Travis Willingham voiced Rell Nightwind and Gazlowe too.

WoW seems to be one of the only works where Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham’s characters don’t clash but are on the same side.

2 Likes

I kinda feel bad about it but this expansion has frustrated me enough that even hearing Jaina’s voice in other media feels annoying now. It’s not Bailey’s fault but ugh. I want a break from it, thanks to WoW.

I’m liking her in Tales from the Borderlands. Mostly because it’s hilarious to hear some of the ridiculously sociopathic things her character says coming from Jaina Proudmoore. Like when she’s digging out a not quite as dead as she thought guy’s eye with a spork.

1 Like