Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

meh Thought you meant the extra character customization.

How would people feel about an ā€œessaysā€ post? The idea would be similar to the old Seat of Knowledge forumā€™s ā€œpromptā€ post, where everyone would write a story about and reply with their story, and people could comment on it or whatever. Except there wouldnā€™t be a prompt with this, itā€™d basically just be an ā€œessays megathreadā€ where you could just post it and other people can just read/comment on it if they wish.

I (and Iā€™m certain others) want to post on random topics or ideas, but there isnā€™t really a good ā€œoutletā€; per se; for it. I know Iā€™ve made posts (a while ago) that have literally had zero comments etc. on it, so having that kid of ā€˜megathreadā€™ could be a good way for people to just ā€˜fire and forgetā€™ their big posts without feeling like a dong when no one looks at it.

What yā€™all think?

1 Like

Nice to see that when inside Nā€™Zothā€™s mind and entering the vision of Deathwing in Deepholm he first has Deathwing speak in his normal voice before switching to Nā€™Zothā€™s own voice!

A comedic reminder that we are facing Nā€™Zoth not Deathwing!

Set the video at point where it plays the Audio for the Black Emperor(didnā€™t bother to check when it switches back to Wrathion though). Quite a hammy Faceless One! The Faceless Ones are always overdramatic arenā€™t they!

2 Likes

I really wish that, at least when heā€™s being seductive, they used the unfilted voice from the Azshara Warbringer instead of the normal giant evil monster voice.

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s a pretty good idea! I know I sometimes spend showers writing little essays in my head on this topic or that, but never end up sharing them because it doesnā€™t feel relevant. Maybe a topic like that would give me a chance too! But, more importantly, Iā€™d get to read everyone elseā€™s in one easy spot.

I have a feeling that I am going to be pretty jealous of the Necrolords and Venthyr when I see them and compare their undead toys to the Forsakenā€™s undead toys.

I see youā€™re wearing something the armory thinks doesnā€™t exist as well.

2 Likes

Sounds like a toxic waste dump. Where do I sign up?

More seriously, it depends on whats going on.

Oh you are very trusting.

I can see a silly remark in such a thread being quoted out of context in another thread. There are some level of people who do that sort of thing.

The Story Forum Lounge is fairly copacetic. But another, more ā€œstream of consciousnessā€ sort of thread, could be interesting.

This implies that giant evil monster voices canā€™t be seductive too. Earlier today I was introduced to the concept of people finding Godzilla attractive so I think anything goes if you can find the right audience.

2 Likes

After using my 120 boost that came with the Shadowlands pre-order on my Night Elf Rogue and seeing it skips the introductory BfA stuff now, I decided to boost my Goblin character to unlock the Vulpera. So I figured I could show off her outfits, too:

Unfortunately this is all Poor quality gear, so canā€™t be transmogged, but a gold variant of it can be transmogged, so thatā€™s what I wear when out questing and stuff:

3 Likes

Awww <3

I donā€™t know why, but the idea of an Amadis goblin tickles me and makes me feel a little happier with the world.

Can confirm.

Although itā€™s less GODZILLA himself and more titanic murder games that are sexy. Like, nothing says utter dominance quite like

2 Likes

Itā€™s hard to take something seriously when itā€™s called the kiss of death because all I can think of is that Simpsons scene where Homer gives someone one then says that he might have done it wrong and tries to do it again when someone points out what it is.

2 Likes

Magical Girls usually have a Pink Lead Character! Can you imagine a show where the supposed Pink Lead Magical Girl turns out to be a self serving villain and that the mysterious guy attacking her is the good guy?

Weā€™ve seen incidents where the Mentor Mascot is the Villain(Kyubey) with the person harassing it(Homura) being the good guy but no incidents where the Pink Magical Girl herself is the villainous mastermind behind the problems that the genuinely good and nice Mentor Mascot is trying to fix by recruiting her due to the fact that some stranger is attacking her!

1 Like

Oh, I didnā€™t even realize. Might have to do it and save to see what Iā€™ll use when the new customization options come out.

That doesnā€™t seem like a twist you could hide for long without being deliberately misleading i.e. Scott Shelby.

Edit: Though thinking on it some I guess it depends on the medium too. Are they the narrator? Are we privy to their thoughts throughout the story? If neither of those are true itā€™s a lot more plausible.

1 Like

To deliberately mislead the audience in a case like this you need the Villainess to feign goodness and niceness and act the part of a good Magical Girl while making sure there are convincing reasons she is never seen in the same place as her evil alter ego.

No she would not be nor would we hear her thoughts. The show wouldnā€™t need a narrator until the true protagonist who has been attacking the Villainess(preferably a grey bearded old wizard with a skull staff and no hat) is fully revealed as the good guy many episodes into the show.

2 Likes

I would love this! I hope you write a story someday, Yven : )

1 Like

I love Goblins. Theyā€™re adorable. I put a lot of effort into getting exalted with the Steamwheedle and the Bloodsail at the same time. And obviously Iā€™m smitten with Ricket in particular.

Edit: This is my first time doing the Volā€™dun storyline:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed that Pretty Cure is going through themed Seasons/Series.

Yes! Pretty Cure 5 has Dreams and Nightmares as itā€™s themeā€¦

Fresh Pretty Cure! has Clovers and Fruits as itā€™s themeā€¦

Heartcatch Pretty Cure! has Flowers as itā€™s them

Suite Pretty Cure ā™Ŗ has Music as itā€™s themeā€¦

Smile Pretty Cure! has Fairy Tales as itā€™s themeā€¦

Doki Doki! Pretty Cure has Card Motifs as itā€™s themeā€¦

Happiness Charge Pretty Cure! has Pretty Cures and Fashion as itā€™s themeā€¦

Go! Princess Pretty Cure has Princesses as itā€™s themeā€¦

Maho Girls Pretty Cure! has Witches as itā€™s themeā€¦

Kirakiraā˜…PreCure a la Mode has Sweets and Animals as itā€™s themeā€¦

Hugtto! Pretty Cure has Parenting and Jobs as itā€™s themeā€¦

Starā˜…Twinkle Pretty Cure has Space as itā€™s themeā€¦

Healinā€™ Goodā™”Pretty Cure hasā€¦

Alas I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen an Afterlife themed Pretty Cure(Yokai Watch apparently showed that Ghosts are marketable towards little kids according to Reddit which also suggested such a Pretty Cure) nor a Seven Deadly Sins Pretty Cure nor a Dark Elemental Pretty Cureā€¦

As for which Reddit Thread suggested an Afterlife Pretty Cure: https://www.reddit.com/r/precure/comments/dh69xu/ghostly_precure_idea/

The fact that it mentioned the Underworld indicates that the suggestion isnā€™t about Hauntingsā€¦

1 Like

Are Dolly and Dot your best friends yet?

2 Likes