Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

She reminds me of Wednesday Addams in Addams Family Values, when she smiles at the other campers.

2 Likes

Anyone got a fresh link to story fourm discord.

Here you are. The strange grey quote box is courtesy of the Orwellian forum social credit system.

https://discord.gg/nWp5K9

1 Like

I just did the Drustvar assault for the first time and Iā€™m sad I didnā€™t do it sooner. Seeing the trolls using their magic and the Lightforged being allowed to use their teleporters, warframes, and shields was pretty cool.

I also wasnā€™t aware we had examples of people seeing the darkness when they died other than undead characters.

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting how the One Ring has such a hold on everyone at the Council of Elrond that they canā€™t discuss what exact benefits it has and how useless they are! The most they can mention is how the wielder at best would become another Dark Lord!

The Ringā€™s primary benefit was to bring armies under the wielderā€™s command and that ability doesnā€™t bring attacking armies under oneā€™s control at all! Sauron was only able to bring NĆŗmenor under his control because he was in a prison and thus able to influence their minds from in there.

The combined armies of Lothlorien, Gondor, Rohan, Dunland(one of the only two acquirable enemy armies alongside Moria), Mirkwood, Dale, Shire, Rivendell and Moria wouldnā€™t even so much as make a dent in Mordorā€™s own main army!

The wielder would at least need Isengardā€™s army to aid in the battle and Saruman would not lend aid unless he got the Ring!

The One Ring in the end is merely a death trap that gives false hope!

1 Like

Yeah looking at it in the movie I never saw how it managed to get its hooks in so many people. I mean all it does is corrupt your body and let you turn invisible, how does it manage to get in so many peopleā€™s heads? Youā€™re never going to get the power it promises so why believe it?

Getting into peopleā€™s heads is the point of the Ring according to Tolkien. Using it to bind said heads to your own will requires not being attacked by the people whose heads the Ring has gotten itself into.

The Ring had a major hold on everyone in the Council of Elrond due to itā€™s power. No one was unaffected! The ones who see the Ring start to see the Ring as the solution to everything even though it is utterly useless!

1 Like

Well magical compulsion makes sense I guess. Better than the explanation that a vague promise of power convinces literally everyone the stupid invisibility ring is worth killing for. Hell putting that ring on and seeing Sauron should be all the convincing you need the thing is a trap.

Seeing Sauron when wearing the Ring only happened once in the book and that was at the end of Fellowship of the Ring while Frodo was hiding from Boromir. Sauron didnā€™t spot Frodo noticing him because Gandalf was holding him off from a distance.

The Ring furthermore has most of Sauron inside it leaving only a small fraction of him inside it dependant of the Ringā€™s existence to take physical form.

In direct combat only Gandalf(according to Tolkien) can overthrow the remnant of Sauron with the Ring and doing so would make him a hybrid between Gandalf and Sauron.

Currently playing the GTFO alpha with my friends and weā€™re having a blast so far. We have completed the mission exactly zero times but we remain confident it will happen before the end of the night.

Weā€™re probably lying to ourselves.

1 Like

Lies gamers donā€™t have 3 friends.

Vitiate is either coming back(most likely) or whatever abomination that is the source of Vitiateā€™s Black Eyes(possibly even the Son of Mortis) is manifesting a vessel from the death of Vitiateā€™s Sith body.

oooof, sith inquisitor.

I hope they donā€™t bring him back. I really liked Vitiate, but Iā€™ve killed him twice already. Let 'em stay dead.

2 Likes

Agreed. Some characters once killed should stay dead.

My main in SWTOR is a Sith Inquisitor. She is so much fun to play. I donā€™t call her Zappy Girl for nothing :wink:

Sith Warrior, man. Or Bounty Hunter I guess.

Iā€™m also hoping it is some other entity thatā€™s manifesting. The Black Eyes have never been explained. If Vitiate was part of a plan by the Son of Mortis to manifest that would explain the Black Eyes.

I just noticed Zerde is shirtless now too. I think Anelaanā€™s influence is spreading.

2 Likes

You mean curse.

1 Like

Youā€™re just jealous you donā€™t look as good as I do.

2 Likes