Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

people always say the acting is bad but i just dont see it. it’s a little over the top but that’s it. imo it isnt dated at all and 100x better than most of the jump scare/gore flicks they make today. i also find the theory about it being some sort of metaphor about the american indian genocide interesting.

I don’t think the quality of horror has really changed that much. Back in the day you called the jump scare/gore flicks slasher films. I completely agree that when overdone those two things are ridiculous and not at all scary though(see Hostel and Insidious, I’m sure you can figure out which one overdoes which).

It’s a very atmospheric movie and definitely enjoyable, especially on first watch, but it doesn’t frighten me the same way other horror movies have. Maybe I’d call it spine-tingling? Not sure.

1408 is a similar film about being trapped in an inescapable room that wants you dead. Very enjoyable horror film, in my opinion, but doesn’t make me want to sleep with the lights on.

All the regulars has either quit or moved to the discord. I’m sure whatever faux paus happens at Blizzcon will kickstart some posts though.

1 Like

Between this mention of Human-like beings of Darkness and how the KH3 Novel states that Vanitas who is pure Darkness having Black Masses causing him pain and leaking out as Unversed I’m beginning to suspect there are Light and Dark Worldlines where in one Dark is Corrupting while in the other Light is Corrupting.

Vanitas believes himself to be the original Ventus despite lacking Light and it’s stated the Black Masses were in the Original Ventus during the Keyblade War era. I suspect Ventus was one of the Darknesses taking the form of Humans that the Master of Masters mentioned and had gathered Lux to hide his true nature.

Furthermore I suspect Ventus used the Strength Bangle and got infected with Corrupting Darkness/Black Masses/Guilt which reacted negatively to the Good Darkness! Since Ventus had the Light of Lux to contain the Corrupting Darkness it didn’t burst out as Unversed until Xehanort removed Ventus’s Heart in the form of Vanitas leaving only the Lux.

The fact that the ReMind Vanitas arena fight shows him hidden in an orb and his clones don’t use Vanitas’s Keyblade makes me suspect that Vanitas is going to be purged of the Corrupting Darkness of Sora’s Worldline.

With the existence of Good Darkness being exposed in ReMind we will soon see Corrupting Light appear.

As Maleficent sees herself as the Mistress of All Evil and not the Mistress of All Darkness you know that when she sees Corrupting Light she will attempt to claim it for herself resulting in a Light Unversed situation since she lacks to Good Darkness to contain the Corrupting Light.

Maleficent of course has no means of creating Dark Unversed due to the Good Light inside her which is needed to react to Bad Light to create Light Unversed.

Get ready everyone! Nomura is going to shove an “Evil Light” story down our throats soon enough!

I’m honestly surprised it never happened before now. Have someone go full lux vult and attempt to completely purge the darkness from the world not caring that it’s one half of a whole and try to destroy the realm of darkness.

As an aside, your whole post makes no sense. Good to see Kingdom Hearts lore hasn’t changed one bit.

The Worldline thing was mentioned in KH3’s Secret Reports and from what I’ve seen of them it seems Worldline’s are Parallel Universes.

Now imagine a Universe Parallel to the one we normally see in KH but with Light creating Heartless and Darkness purifying them.

That is what the most recent Union X video combined with Vanitas’s having what he considers Black Masses in the KH3 Novel implies.

As for the Strength Bangles infecting people with Corrupting Darkness that spawns Heartless, Nightmares and Unversed:

Is this where we s–tpost?

h
ttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/411187738520322050/637814146519531540/shadowlands.png

Also does anyone have a link to the discord?

1 Like

You should be aware some of the people there are less than friendly and, without moderation, they are very prone to saying exactly what they think to you.

The worst ones congregate in wow-general and wow-spoilers. Avoid those two and the toxicity isn’t too bad.

So you’re saying if you avoid the actual story discussion on the story discord you’re fine?

cough Yeah…it is kind of bad I suppose.

Bring it up to the moderators and make them do their jobs.

1 Like

Wait, we have mods?

1 Like

2 Likes

The revolution will not be civilized.

1 Like

Sais? I don’t know what that is.

Someone make the “leaks” stop. It’s only going to get worse over the next week.

1 Like

I am not much for Discords. I just use it for coordinating in Raids, Dungeons, or PvP. I am not big on the social media stuff to begin with. I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to all that.

But that picture of Sylvanas in the link made me laugh out loud. She looks so welcoming.

3 Likes