Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I’m not one to believe any pre-Blizzcon leaks, but I absolutely love reading them. People are so creative, and imagining how cool all the ideas would be gets me super excited. One I was reading recently, which I hope is okay to link to, is this:

https://imgur.com/Uz2GCSa

Now, it’s a neat leak overall, but my favorite part was the bit about the customizable mount. That’s freakin’ rad, dude! Unlocking colors and adornments and such for my own little custom dragon mount would be a great motivator to do various content. All that Legion Artifact magic in mount form! Potential story integration is fun to think about too. Maybe the mount could chime in from time to time, like Ban-Lu mixed with Aluneth/Thal’kiel/Xal’atath.

Though the leak is unlikely to be true, the idea is gold. Gold! Hope Blizzard implements it at some point : D

2 Likes

This one is officially my new favorite leak.

It sounds alright. Kinda typical I guess? Nothing earth shattering in that idea. Well at least they made the “Dragon Isles” more interesting than just being another Great Sea island.

I wonder how a Dragonmaw Allied race is supposed to function though. Wildhammer I could see them being, like, more tanned, slightly taller and leaner like in the RPG, plus feathers and shizz with their tattoos, but Dragonmaw?

Unless they go with the idea of actually imbuding them with dragon essence and making them dragon orcs… well I would be down for that I just don’t think it’s likely.

It seems weird to have Sylvanas lead us into a dragon themed expansion, which is I guess my biggest reason I don’t think much of it? Dragon mount idea is cute though.

Sorry for a bit of image spam, but I’ve been playing No Man’s Sky and I found some planets I thought were interesting enough to share.

And some random shots I liked.

1 Like

Friendship with WoW over.

Friendship with SW:TOR renewed.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXSbctyuduA

This is probably a spoiler-heavy vid, idk haven’t watched it entirely it yet, but I do think Dimitri from Three Houses seems like Anduin done right, even Varian or Genn done right as I see a lot of similar traits there too.

I really should try playing Three Houses sometime, looks like it’s got really good story.

I’ve been moving to a new apartment for the passed week and only just got internet set up today. I’m exhausted, but still not done moving stuff yet.

1 Like

Moving sucks. I hope it all goes smoothly.

1 Like

Story Forum seems to be dying. Few topics posted each day, and those are rather boring ones. Or it could just be that I’m too bitter and jaded to enjoy them. :smiley:

Im sure it’ll pick up next week.

4 Likes

Yeah, Blizzcon will bring out some more people as well as the new ptr builds as they come.

2 Likes

anybody here ever watched the shining

Yeah, though I haven’t seen it in years.

one of the creepiest movies ever. was watchin it cause halloweens around the corner.

Hm, maybe I should watch it again. Halloween season is a good time for it.

1 Like

Halloween / Supernatural Horror movies are good all year.

Never thought the Shining was scary but I’m kind of interested in Doctor Sleep - didn’t realize it was a continuation of the Shining until I saw the trailer in theatre.

yeah though doctor sleep is a sequel to the book. the movie version of the shining is more of a kubrick film than stephen king. i think stephen king was mad at the changes they made. i find it insanely creepy tho, from beginning to end, between jacks acting, the ghost scenes and the music.

Finally watched it properly this year actually. It is…not as scary as I was lead to believe. Very little about it has aged well. Though that may have a lot to do with the fact it’d been parodied into oblivion by everyone before I saw it.

this is actually surprising to me that no one finds it scary lmao i mean i guess if you dont believe in the supernatural or something (i dont either tho) or maybe yeah if you been conditioned to just find it all a joke. i cant help but find it so eerie tho. theres really no gore outside a few scenes but the way its about just being trapped alone struggling with sanity… so creepy. i mean the little girl scene? or when he goes into room 237? or when jack finally gives in and it becomes clear he aims to kill his family? terrifying and anxiety inducing

Eh cerebral horror relies a lot on cinematography to get the sense of unease across and I’d argue that The Shining’s just isn’t that intimidating anymore. Not to mention some of the acting is just atrocious. Like Jack axing his way through the door, her screaming is ridiculous.