Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Eh not all of it. I think it takes inspiration from a lot of places. I mean the Prangles tin is far from Lovecraftian horror unless you think a container of chips that compels you to eat forever(once you pop you can’t stop) is Lovecraftian.

2 Likes

Wonder what Hanashi thinks of the Void corrupted Titanic Watchers like this Void Witness: https://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/161226-void-witness

I think they are cool!

Quick someone create Fan Art of Stern the Destructor from Lyrical Nanoha Portable with the above Void Witness’s head, Xavius’s left arm and a N’raqi right-hand tentacle!

For what Stern the Destructor looks like: https://www.deviantart.com/psycho-seikou/art/Stern-the-Destructor-736812025

1 Like

What model is that Void Witness using? I know I’ve seen it before.

WoWHead calls the Model: N’Zoth Anubisath.

Thanks! I was super glad that Blizzard let us hide everything but pants because trying to find a chest piece and gloves that didn’t look bad when this was the look I was going for suuuucked.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/XvDnnY5qdhc?t=98

I have the YouTube video at where Il’gynoth mentions that those who pass beyond the veil of Life and Death will “Drown” in the Darkness.

Drown last I recall is a term used in reference to the Necrofin Murlocs’ Orb of the Drowned(which is Death Magic) as well as in reference to the Drowned God mentioned in the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron.

The Drowned God is the next villain. Funny how everyone assumed the Puzzle Box was referring to N’Zoth the God of the Deep and not Death.

Vrykul claim that Helya survives because you can’t kill Death and Yogg-Saron also claims to be Death so it seems all Death entities call themselves Death so Yogg-Saron’s “Even death may die.” probably refers to him(he acts as though his defeat signals the end of days too) and not the Drowned God.

1 Like

I just want to take the time and thank whoever at Riot made the concept art for the Fiddlesticks rework because I am in love.

1 Like

Get trust level 3 already loser.

If I knew why I wasn’t still trust 3 I’d do something about it. I’m very sensitive about losing Blizzard’s trust for… not posting enough? Not reading enough threads?

At least what prevents you from reaching it is fixable. I got reported for comparing a character to a prostitute(I think) and as far as I know that ruins your ability to gain trust levels.

I don’t care about Blizzard’s Orwellian social credit system. It has ridiculous stipulations (like having a post quota of all things) and can’t be tracked at all, making it completely opaque. It’s dumb.

6 Likes

Yeah me either really. Sometimes it’s annoying I can’t post all of my usual off topic nonsense that I would but it’s something you get used to.

The problem is that it’s only an issue for less active forums like us. General gets dozens of new topics in an hour and we’re lucky to get that many over the span of a day when there isn’t something new to the story like patch datamining.

Makes it super easy for them to get level 3 if they don’t troll too hard while we basically have to interact with every post in some way to keep up.

Apparently what caused me to drop out of trust level 3 was not clicking Like on enough posts. After I clicked a couple, it came back. It’s a really weird system and overall I think the board would probably be better if level 3 was cut altogether. The hidden lounge forum is super dead and doesn’t seem to serve a purpose anyway.

2 Likes

I guess likes were my issue as well, went on a liking spree and now I’m trust 3 again.

You could be like me with the likes and post count required but blacklisted for not being a shill.

1 Like

Aww that’s pretty cute actually :eyes:

I agree, they’re really cool! This is the kind of design that could be the focal enemy of an entire raid tier, or even a whole other game. The striking color contrasts, imposing silhouette, interesting tattoos, intimidating outfit – the designer did a fantastic job! My favorite part, though, is the eyes. Different sizes, unevenly spaced, blinking randomly in no particular pattern, it’s spooky as heck! If I were any sort of artist, I’d love to draw it.

The walk cycle is also pretty neat. Very weighty and very confident. The CustomSpell emotes are quite interesting too. Can’t wait to see this model in context!

And I’d like to thank you for sharing that with us! It’s really fantastic. I got out of League of Legends long ago, but the world and characters were so interesting to me. Hopefully I can engage with the universe lots more now that we’re getting a fighting game, card game, and animated show!

1 Like

I just noticed my post count is super low. Did they reset the post count when they did the most recent forum overhaul?

1 Like

It didn’t count any posts they didn’t port over from the old forums so anything older than, I think, two weeks before the move.

I went from 6K+ to around 600 or so.

I wonder what would happen if the Skeksis Chamberlain was the chamberlain of Joffrey in Westeros as well as what would happen if Joffrey took the place of the Skeksis Emperor in the Dark Crystal Age of Resistance…