Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Welp, my sub ran out and I am super hesitant to resub. Very dismayed by Blizzard’s handling of the HK protest incident. It makes me sad simply because it confirms the thoughts the pessimist in me has - that at the end of the day it really is just about the money.

2 Likes

The art team’s work with Warcraft: Reforged makes me excited for Warcraft again and that makes me sad.

Also whenever I see artwork of Ethereals I get super disappointed that they aren’t playable.

1 Like

I think Samwise is art director for the RTS team; it’s not surprising that WC3R’s art feels more like Warcraft than a lot of things in WoW. I think the RTS team was also working on HotS before it got thrown in the dumpster.

4 Likes

I always did like the HotS skins, they were pretty interesting little looks into alternate worlds if nothing else.

Also, Pajamathur is the cutest thing ever and I love him.

1 Like

If we were ever to have another alternate timeline expansion, I’ve always wanted it to be the one with Shan’do Illidan and Betrayer Malfurion and Warden Tyrande.

3 Likes

Yeah, that one would be super interesting to see.

2 Likes

Considering Il’gynoth’s 8.3 statements of a treacherous Vassal of Life with Green Eyes that Timeline might be the Main Timeline! Shan’do Illidan distinctly retains his blindfold and missing eyes…

1 Like

I don’t really see Illidan becoming a Druid at this point in the story, though Malfurion going nuts and becoming a betrayer in some way is still on the table.

1 Like

For all that to occur, Illidan would need to return from the Seat of the Pantheon, be drained of all his fel energies, and become a Druid on par with Malfurion. Furthermore, Malfurion - after generations of being the most powerful druid on Azeroth - would have to decide to become a Demon Hunter AFTER the fall of the Burning Legion, only for Tyrande to become a Warden and jail Malfurion herself. Oh, and then Maiev would need to become the High Priestess of Elune, which is only SLIGHTLY plausible considering she USED to be a Priestess.

The odds of even ONE of those things occurring are so astronomically low, let alone the odds of them all occurring. So no, that timeline is more than absolutely NOT the main timeline.

I like it when people are certain of things.

2 Likes

I need to be certain of SOMETHING for once.

1 Like

Have you seen the most recent skins? Gangster Sgt Hammer is amazing. She even has the car. They really go above and beyond for skins on that game, it’s sad it was killed for the most part.

3 Likes

I think that’s a pretty solid theory! Have you heard the theory that she’s a whale? I always thought that was a neat idea. What’s your favorite SCP? I really like 1730 and 4000, but 3388 is cute so it’s my overall favorite. I’m also really into the whole Sarkic canon!

Oh neat, WoW added Petpets!

Hi past me how are you doing? Oh right the horrible illness lol. Anyway! I’m still stoked about Vulpera. Haven’t played with them on the PTR, but I’ve seen screenshots and videos of those who have, and they are looking AWESOME! The customizations, the animations, and the voices are all great. Possibly my favorite allied race so far? And their heritage armor fits so well, with a backpack! I love backpacks : D

Oh that reminds me! The Vale of Eternal Blossoms! Holy moly, we’re back baby. And with relevant content, too. Those void assaults look pretty snazzy, and will be a fun way to get out into some old favorite zones.

Oh heckles, Cursewords, this made my day. Someone’s gotta do this! I’ll be going the Shaman route for sure, though.

Easy, the one with FOX TOTEMS!! >:D

Oh yeah, this too! When I was still pretty loopy and drugged up post-surgery, I went on and on to my poor non-WoWer SO about how all the death and undeath plots are lining up and how Sylvanas and Bolvar are thinking on whole other levels than us jerks and how Mag’har Death Knights are the poetic key to a peaceful future and all sorts of stuff. Never has my hype been made more manifest than that day, lol.

I’m not quite as drunk on virtual zombie politics as I was a few days ago, but I’m still stoked to the max. Can’t wait for Blizzcon!

Wow, this looks fantastic!!

3 Likes

I thought it was heavily implied the procedure was gang rape. Did they change that?

It hasn’t changed so much as, since it’s deliberately left open to speculation, people have taken to coming up with the most creative and/or subversive interpretations they can. I’ve seen anything from tickling to whale song to a quiet bedtime story!

My personal take on it is more of a meta misdirect, along the lines of what they do in SCP-2317. But the beauty of the work is, everyone’s right!

(Disclaimer: For those who don’t know, SCP Foundation is a collaborative horror fiction wiki. I love it with my whole heart and heartily recommend checking it out if you can stand it, but have to warn against the shocking, yucky, and disturbing content that can be found there. Wouldn’t want anyone having unwanted nightmares because of me!)

2 Likes

Doctor Clef specifically stated that it wasn’t and that it was something worse. Furthermore what you assumed it was is legally considered a violent crime and the criminals are supposed to be non-violent despite being class 3 offenders.

Non-violent Lust crimes of a Class 3 offense requires pawing, leering and lots of needles! Induced Body Horror is the most likely possibility.

Yes and it matches the number of letters her species name has(5 letters) yet there is another species that matches the number too(and can be strapped to the table like Human patients): Demon.

On different news N’Zoth has ties to Red-Orange and Purple along with Eyes. Lots of Eyes! Even his Blood(https://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/154337-blood-of-nzoth) has eyes.

2 Likes

Yeah but the description of it was at odds with that explanation. The problem with a communal story I guess. People have different ideas of how it goes. For one thing I vaguely remember the D Class involved had to have interest in children or something and a lot of them committed suicide afterwards.

Hence why I was wondering if the article has been edited since I looked at it years ago. Your idea sounds a lot different to the article I read.

As an aside my favourite SCP will forever be the joke collection that’s just a series of regular things the scientists ascribed supernatural explanations to. Like the heavy cube and the child they kidnapped.

1 Like

It was edited by the Author who apparently was displeased by everyone assuming the commonly assumed atrocity.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-231

Also the Ethics Committee: http://www.scp-wiki.net/ethics-committee-orientation

The fact that the page for the Ethics Community claims that the Ethics Community created Procedure 110-Montauk indicates that the atrocity is not the worst possible one and Doctor Clef states that Humanity can always create something worse than what he can think up.

Point of fact one of the Doctors suggested committing an atrocity that would give greater emotional response as a possibility alongside just giving amnesiacs to the girl in order to restore efficiency of Procedure 110-Montauk.

The later was chosen and the Doctor who suggested that possible resolution to the decreasing efficiency offed himself which suggests that seeing the procedure is enough to cause such things!

1 Like

You know, I have the same problem with this that I do with Lovecraft. Vague menace and telling your reader to imagine something just seems lazy to me. You’re the writer, filling that in is your job.

I thought the SCP Foundation was Lovecraftian Horror!