Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Oh yeah, I (vaguely) remember that now.

Maybe now that classic is out they’ll finally get back to testing it.

From the file size, people are saying it’s not a very big patch. I’m not sure if they’re encrypting everything because they want as much attention on Classic as possible and because there’s a huge story development or if there really isn’t a whole lot to do this patch.

Since “the eye” is such a big deal lately… I have my fingers crossed for fun, goofy, Darkmoon Faire related content in 8.25

Maybe a mini raid like Crucible of Storms, with whacky mechanics. More lore about that place being added and cleared up.

Just a nutty and looney adventure/diversion before we get back to “the heavy” in 8.3.

But perhaps BfA is already too cluttered and some loose ends should be dealt with first.

1 Like

I forgot how much I loved the animal designs in The Croods.

https://tinyurl.com/y26wjzwo

8.2.5 also has the questline dealing with Wrathion

1 Like

Wrathion who seeks the Forge of Origination to use against the Old Gods even though using it in the same way the Tol’vir did to Uldum would create a situation where aimless Old God corruption starts infecting everywhere the Old Gods’ corpses are located in(which is everywhere except Pandaria).

I think I’ll call it Kaldrassil (“The Starry Crown”), in honor of one of my RP Discord servers (unfortunately, now defunct).

4 Likes

Just discovered that names can’t be Copyrighted. Explains why both Trials of Mana and Guild Wars have a place called the Crystal Desert…

Blizzard honestly should be tempted to make their own Crystal Desert along with a Jade Sea!

1 Like

Careful of lava flows and fireplaces.

2 Likes

Oh, once I was so into building it, I didn’t change the weather back to clear, and lightning struck it and set it on fire.

I was so triggered.

5 Likes

I was an uncreative bore when I played Minecraft so all my houses were made out of stone or glass. No burning there. Though I did build one underwater once because I thought it’d be pretty. Getting the water outside and not drowning took a while.

1 Like

i am having some wod flashbacks maybe 8.2.5 and 8.3 is already dropped and azshara will end as the final expansion boss after her dissapointing encounter i expected more from the most powerful sorceress of all time.
Hell jaina’s encounter got a considerable more amount of “love” from the designers going as far as creating unique spells SX and stuff. even a cool mount!

Anyway… i am seriously worried about the apparent lack of content of 8.2.5 maybe 8.2 will last 14 months :ghost:

I feel bad for laughing at this.

2 Likes

On the one hand, I feel bad for my buddy that works at Gamestop because Gamestop. On the other hand, aw yeah free copy of Gears of War 5.

Now if only my favorite enemy was actually still in the game. RIP Kantus, you were too good for this world.

1 Like

I’m a little surprised gears of war is still going. I was never a huge fan of the massive wave of cover shooter games.

1 Like

It stood out for me because the enemies were cool, some of the characters were interesting, and Horde Mode was a lot of fun.

But then I’m pretty easy to impress when it comes to FPS games. As long as it has some kind of co-op and it’s not just pure pvp I’ll remember it fondly.

2 Likes

The problem with cover shooters is while they can be “fun” on a console, they are horrible on PC.

I’m still bitter that Mass Effect got turned into a Gears of War clone in ME2. I loved the character arcs, but good lord the combat system is a hot pile of trash.

I think ME combat should have been more like Halo where you just had regenerating shields. Tankier characters would have better damage reduction from armor and more shields. I also would have liked a biotic power where you could channel to create a barrier that covered a 90-180 degree arc in front of you to stop attacks.

9 more mounts and I’ll finally get the Frostshard Infernal. I accidentally came up with a way for it to be my demon hunter’s rp mount and it’s been absolute hell trying to get it since because I mostly have timegate, rng, and gold/cash mounts left to get : /

1 Like

I know everyone’s ridiculously angry over the RAF backpack.

But… All the new stuff makes me want to roll a Brann-type Dwarven explorer. I just have no idea what class would fit.

2 Likes