Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

This morning I woke from a dream that the next expansion had been announced to be a revamp of Draenor dealing with the invasive Light and for some reason overlapping with an uncorrupted Emerald Dream (probably because of the Anzu stuff back from Burning Crusade).

I was extra confused because I had purchased the title thinking it was a lore book like Chronicle or Traveler, but turned out I had somehow preordered the expansion before it had even been announced.

This is the only time I can currently recall having dreamed about WoW, but I generally can no longer remember my dreams shortly after having had them, so I could have just forgotten.

2 Likes

Part 6 spoilers (though mild)

1 Like

I’ve been napping all day, hoping to wake up at a point where this migraine is gone. I dreamed about my poor cat. :pensive:

Now I have a migraine, and I’m sad.

Hey everyone, I’m back. Somewhat. I resubbed due to Classic and playing Classic and enjoying the hell out of Classic. Ayakashi @ Grobbulus if y’all curious.

But prior to resubbing to WoW I’ve been doing well. Played FF14 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses, both great games. Got a new job overseas I’ll be moving out of country for in 6 months so that’s nice.

4 Likes

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Season 1 is finally out!

1 Like

Classic pulled me back as well.

It’s good to be home for a while.

I was looking back through my old posts on the previous forums, and I stumbled upon this:

Long-term, we're trying to work on a system where you can actually go back and forward a little bit. You might be able to scale your character down levels in order to go play with a friend, and even redo quests that you've done before.

Part of the reason we’re able to do that is because of the technology we originally developed for heirloom items, which are items that scale. And then for the Cataclysm expansion, we’ve changed spells, so they also scale with level. So instead of having ranks now, your fireball will just get more powerful as you gain levels. So since you can scale both class spells and items really easily, now we think we can actually let you lower your level down if you want to play with somebody else.

August 20th, 2010
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/interviews/8023-World-of-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Interview-Greg-Ghostcrawler-Street.4

They’ve been working on this for nine years.

1 Like
1 Like

Blizzard: burns down my World Tree

Me: “Yeah, well, I’m going to build my own World Tree! With blackjack! And hookers!”

(Very much a WIP)

Also:

4 Likes

You should use a modpack that gives you access to the Sacred Rubber Tree…

http://i.imgur.com/z6u2PQg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/evkBCjL.jpg

1 Like

I can try. I’m actually having problems getting my mods to work, hence the new playthrough of plain old vanilla Minecraft.

Ouch, that sucks. I can’t play minecraft without mods anymore, I’m too spoiled by things like treecapitator and other dimensions to explore.

1 Like

Considering how Memories work in Kingdom Hearts(“even if the links are broken, they’re still there”) it’s no surprise that Xion was able to reconnect with her friends and retain her appearance.

Of course the Chains of Memories are still broken(due to the memories returning to Sora) regardless so Xigbar and Saix/Isa probably forgot that she looked like a Doll and Ventus and probably have memories of a Black Haired Kairi inexplicitly popping into their heads…

And let’s not forget the fact that she probably has holes in her own memory(in the form of static) that she knows were flashes of Sora’s memories due to being told by Riku and Namine.

This is an excellent opportunity for a Villain(preferably Luxu) to plant doubts in Xion’s head by questioning her on matters of her appearance.

Since she asked Riku about the girl she looks like before the memories she absorbed were returned to Sora the Villain can’t argue that she didn’t always look like Kairi but he can plant doubts on whether or not her hair was always black…

Of course the idea that her hair color changed would not frighten her but would eat away at her mind just as easily as a Koan(statements that are used by Zen Buddhists to leave great doubt) would leaving her distracted.

1 Like

I’ve been having a few problems with Twitch (and not just with Minecraft, it’ll do things like randomly decide to wipe my TRP3), so that’s half of my mods down. I suspect something is also out of date somewhere along the line with Forge, too, because those half of my mods also randomly went on the fritz recently.

The lounge is super quiet.

2 Likes

That’s because 8.2.5 is all but forgotten.

3 Likes

No kidding. I can’t even remember what’s coming out in 8.2.5 other than the Worgen and Goblin rework.

Oh wait, that bee mount too I think.

2 Likes

I think that’s all we ever knew.

They pushed back the Worgen and Goblin HA. And everything else, afaik, is still encrypted. Besides some speculative maps, and something with the Hearthstone Tavern.

3 Likes