Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Maybe. I was just thinking because the Drop Bear is obviously inspired by koalas and heavy branches this may have been something similar with bears and it confused me because I didn’t know they could be that sneaky.

1 Like

They can be

1 Like

My god. I’ve been levelling so many alts, I had forgotten how drawn out BfA questing can be.

“Hurry! We must stop Lord Stormsong before it’s too late!”

“But also! Let’s stop every five feet along the road to do even more quests!”

2 Likes

We’ve had to make 4 stops before finding out that the Old Gods were responsible for everything upon which the K’thir dropped all subtlety(changing form in the middle of fighting them during the 5th stop and not even bothering to disguise themselves in the 6th stop) despite us having even more stops on our journey!

The readers of The Shadow over Innsmouth found out about Dagon and the Frog-Fishmen before even getting to the Eldritch Town which had even less(if you can believe it) subtlety than the K’thir in Stormsong Valley(who fully dropped all subtlety after the 4th or 5th stop) did!

1 Like
1 Like

I saw a meme about Jojo and it serves as a reminder I really have no idea what that show is about. It’s Aladdin saying to Jasmine “I can show you The World” and the next panel is what appears to be a male Jasmine running away from anime genie and a flying guy carrying a steamroller.

1 Like

Yeah, Part 4 was great! It was a bit lighter, and more characters stayed relevant longer. The artstyle was really pretty, too. I’m eager for Part 6 for sure, I hear it has a lot of girls in its cast!

You and me both! I’m still not over my distaste for the new forums. I’ve been lurking in one official forum or another on and off since Burning Crusade was announced, and I’ve seen a lot of changes. None of them made the forums as counterintuitive as this last update has. Feels like a real step back.

Nothing is as satisfying as The World’s sound effect.

I’ve watched every episode of the anime and I still couldn’t tell you. It’s fun, though! Besides all the senseless violence and cruelty early on, which made me take a few breaks from the show.

Really, at the risk of sounding frivolous, it’s very enhanced by the memes. Its inherit absurdity, and the seriousness with which it treats that absurdity, just works so so well with the Internet’s brand of humor. The other day I watched an extensive Tom and Jerry x JoJo crossover parody and cracked the heck up. It worked so well!!

Just a few more hours 'till Classic, y’all! I’m still excited, though after looking through a few guides, I’m pretty sure I will not be attempting to raid at all. Leveling, though, that’s a grand adventure all by itself! Then I can push professions, explore, and most importantly, roleplay >:D

In BFA, I’m currently head over heels with the Warrior I’ve been leveling. Protection specialization is VERY fun to level with. It rewards taking on as many enemies as you can! And the zone storylines I’ve been working through are fun all over again. Cape of Stranglethorn has a really fantastic finale!

I think I’m going to freeze my experience at 60 and go for a scaled loremaster run. Closest I can get to a fully level-scaled experience, after all. I think it’ll work out! Warrior gameplay feels practically flawless and never gets stale, I can switch specs if I need to, and the zones are all very fun to adventure through : D

1 Like

I have to agree.

I have been leveling a Zandalari Rogue. Mostly for the Heritage Armor.

I went to Hillsbrad and Andorhol, first. Those were just great. Seeing the fate of Dun Garok… It was especially poignant because in Vanilla, I did those quests as a Darkspear Rogue.

The Forsaken seemed to respect the dead dwarven spirits. Which is interesting.

I understand why Sylvanas was angry at Koltira, but as usual, she may have over reacted.

At first, I dreaded leveling from 20 to 120. But I am enjoying it alot.

1 Like

I know I was in the minority, but I actually kind of liked the wacky, waving, inflatable, arm-flailing tube man casting animation. It was… distinctive, if nothing else. :sweat_smile:

I like the run on the new model, as it has a sort of more feral lope. But I like the walking animation on the old one better, as it has more rolling in the shoulders, like a big cat, or other mammalian predator.

Edit:

So close to being 100% upgrades across the board. But they took the hip sway out of the female’s walking animation. Copyright struck by the Draenei? :thinking:
2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if humans transformed into furry humans aren’t walking any differently.

If anything, it bothers me that the new animations don’t depict a more civilized tone ala HotS Greymane.

I do like his standing pose of being fully upright with his hand on his waistcoat, as well as his fancy clothes in general. But when moving, I prefer Worgen to look as animalistic and inhuman as possible, as, to me, being a Worgen is about the balance and juxtaposition of the two.

Unless I can be greedy, and ask for more formal and dignified animations for the Human side of Two Forms.

1 Like

But if you make them look and act animalistic then there’s no juxtaposition, it’s thoroughly animal.

I’d ask the opposite, making their human forms look more hairy and feral looking while still keeping the classic Gilnean style, another thing HotS did really well.

It really makes you think when HoTS art team does their homework better than WoW’s :smile:

Well, I’m thinking more in terms on in and out of combat, as well. Make a Worgen mad, and he is an animal who’ll rip your face off. Outside of combat, he’s a dignified, posh pupper.

I think WoW is ever so slowly getting there. Look at all the Classic stuff. Remember when everyone’s hair texture was 8 bit pixels, with the physics of a piece of cardboard? Though, it remains to be seen if they’ll even let us have some of the new things they work on. Thin Kul Tirans come to mind.

I think WoW did a decently good job with Worgen when it came to mixing their arrogant vanity with a curse they want no part in and having them try to hold onto their human aspect across forms (dog in a hat meme).

The starting zone removed any distinction between human and worgen form in every aspect other than appearence.

I always preferred the alpha worgen model that appeared in the trailer. The one with actual hair styles.

Still good to see the female model finally being updated. Also like having less wacky casting animations for my own druid.

Pity we aren’t still getting the Racial Armour for worgen and goblin with this update. Though while I can easily picture what the worgen will be, I wonder what the goblin heritage armour will be. Bling of war?

3 Likes

I’m not salty at all that they didn’t take this opportunity to bring them back.

No of course not, I’m sure blizzard had their reasons. Their non-fun reasons.

1 Like

We all remember how scary the Illithid were in the Baldur’s Gate 3 Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etGvdC7icYQ

Now let’s imagine a K’thir going through the same transformation. Can you imagine how terrified a K’thir would be if his tentacles started falling off?

He would think that he was losing his gift and becoming mortal and by the time the Illithid tentacles replaced the K’thir tentacles the Illithid Tadpole would have already eaten his brain.

1 Like

I made this post in the Patty Mattson Interview thread, but since it isn’t really lore related, I will ask here in the lounge:

I just watched the “A Toast to 15 Years” video on Youtube.

Am I mistaken… Or is that Patty Mattson wielding a mug at like :51/52 seconds?

The You Tube comments mention a lot of the cameos but I did not see her mentioned in the comments, so, could be wrong.

Now I am curious. I figured I’d ask other folks who might know better than I.

1 Like