Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

My dreams recently have been really disturbing. Last night I woke up in a cold sweat, perched on the edge of my bed terrified because I dreamt a giant black octopus was descending into my room. It was as if I were in Nazjatar or something.

Really sucks when even dreams can’t be a happy escape.

I am sitting in my office, I can hear the whir of impacts and cussing when someone busts a knuckle.

A guy brought in his totaled Shelby GT 500, apparently he had a little too much fun at the strip. Can’t exactly buy parts off the shelf for these vehicles. Probably going to cost him anywhere between 40 and 50K to repair it.

I’ll handle the build myself.

Good news for me, bad for him.

1 Like

That was for the Horde Rogue’s Legionfall Mount Quest:

1 Like

It’s just N’zoth trying to corrupt your mind and turn you into his thrall, nothing to worry about. Embrace the tentaclely goodness.

2 Likes

That’s the horrible part, I know it’s BfA spilling into my psyche! I’ve literally had a fear of octopus/tentacles since I was a young child. I screamed while doing transmog runs at the last part of Ahn’Qiraj.

BfA has actually helped slightly lessen the terror due to the volume of tentacles by making me face it, but my dreams are still vivid and feel real at the time, it’s horrifying.

1 Like

Anyone wishing for the original Secret of Mana just to see what it ultimately would have been like?

1 Like

Huh. Tbf, the closest I got to maxing a Horde in Legion was 107 on a Shaman. Now that I think about it, though, I’m not sure what else I’d expect their quests to be.

I’m just surprised I never noticed it. It’s not very far from one of my RP spots. Ironically enough, a secluded little spot where my Night Elf Rogue skulked about.

2 Likes

I’m trying really hard to not make an anime joke.

1 Like

The only thing I fear about octopi is the Blue Ringed Octopus’ habit of warning you it’s about to sting you with nasty poison that can, to borrow from Wikipedia, kill 26 adult humans in minutes by flashing all of its rings blue like an unholy xbox. Normally not a problem in itself but it also lives in crevices and your hand and/or foot does not have eyes.

1 Like

I can’t really think of an animal that scares me. Differentiating, of course, between respect and fear. I’ve even nearly gotten over my arachnophobia, as long as I’m not in an enclosed space with them.

Except humans. Y’all cray.

1 Like

I fear the Drop Bear. I’m still alive so obviously I’ve never met one but still, scary animal.

I’m the harmless, self hating kind of crazy. You don’t need to fear me.

2 Likes

By Drop Bear I assume you mean the mythical Giant Koala? Even normal Koalas can’t resist biting people.

1 Like

Nah the Drop Bear. Carnivorous, predatory, sharp teeth and drops on your head from the tree tops. If you walk under a tree you could be next.

Plain old Koalas are too stoned to do anything from what I understand. Takes a lot to get them to do anything.

1 Like

http://mentalfloss.com/article/62012/8-adorable-animals-are-surprisingly-violent

Koalas aren’t as nice as we think.

1 Like

Oh I never said they were nice, just that they were too stoned out of their minds on eucalyptus leaves to do anything most of the time. They’ll claw at you and apparently a lot of them have chlamydia of all things so being mauled is the least of your worries.

1 Like

I’ll see your ambush predator, and raise you another:

I used to be like that. Then I worked retail for five years. In that time, the utterly assinine questions that can be asked by your average slack-jawed simpleton of the general public has only convinced me of my own resplendent perfection.

1 Like

Heh I remember learning about that from Gravity Falls. The drawing accompanying it makes me think of a really skinny bear, I wonder how that comparison came about? Bears aren’t exactly sneaky.

I work in online retail so fortunately I mostly don’t get ambushed by these people directly but you’re not wrong, you see some ridiculous things from customers. We had two emails from a guy yesterday who was unhappy we changed the price of a product on our website. This was in all caps and he made it very clear he was displeased at this to put it mildly.

1 Like

Aaaaaand… I’m out of likes again. This always happens when there’s a Night Elf discussion thread. When the threads go into the hundreds of posts, even if I only like even less than half of the posts in the thread, I still end up going through my 100 like allocation for the day.

I hate this like throttling system.

4 Likes

Probably just the need to represent it in some fashion, so they based it off a native large carnivore. I think when Rowling started working with American folklore for Fantastic Beasts, she made it an invisible specter. Because no one’s supposed to have survived it to see what it looks like. Insert:

I’ve been asked to break an assortment company policies, state, and federal laws over the years. Off the top of my head, I also recall a customer who endangered their pets by getting dog flea and tick drops for their cat “because they’re cheaper”. After me repeatedly explaining that that’s not a good idea (me being in school for vet tech, not withstanding). As well as the guy who’s a well known user of a certain amphetimine that the forum won’t let me post (and shoplifter) who had approximately 3.6 billion questions about bug repellent, obsessively concerned over the amount of DEET in each one. As if that’s going to kill him faster than the drugs.

Could have been a wolf, either hiding behind a tree or trying to climb one.

Since it mentions alcohol as a repellent it’s very likely the story was spread by drunks wandering through the woods and seeing the wolves.

1 Like