Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I like how, despite its industrial pollution aesthetics, it actually breathes in toxic fumes, and releases purified air through the smokestacks. I guess that’s why it’s part Fairy.

Basically. Team Skull: UK Edition

2 Likes

If I were to visit the world of Pride and Prejudice with my monthly earnings and they were transformed into their regency period counterparts I would attempt to outright buy Netherfield from Mr. Morris who was leasing the place to Mr. Bingley. After buying the place I would still keep Bingley as a tenant yet spend most of my time in Netherfield with the tenants staying there. Why would an owner leave such a beautiful house even with tenants?)

During the Ball that Bingley and Darcy first attended I would keep out of the Assembly Hall and if anyone asked the reason I would give the honest answer that I am such a terrible dancer that I wouldn’t dare to embarrass any of the beautiful fine ladies in the Ball.

I would give a lot of complements to the women to flatter their vanity so that I wouldn’t become a bad name like Darcy.

Of course around the time when Mr. Bennet returned home after searching London for Mr. Wickham I would call upon the Bennet’s house and inform Mrs. Bennet about Mr. Bennet banning Officers from passing through the village then when she wails about the losing potential husbands I will inform her of the even worse consequences for offending the Prince Regent for not letting his officers through the village.

When Mrs. Bennet is celebrating Lizzy and Jane’s marriage I would remind her of the imminent coming of the Prince Regent’s officers and Mr. Bennet’s potential execution and seizing of Longbourn by the Prince Regent who will furious when he finds out that his officers aren’t allowed to pass through the village and that Mrs. Bennet should get to work on marrying off Kitty and Mary as soon as possible!

When Sharkbait/Squawks drops, but you don’t have flying.

2 Likes

When I saw the article, it said something like, ‘world’s largest parrot found’. And I was really hoping they just found this eagle sized parrot living their best life.

1 Like

Give the cryptozoologists time. I’m sure they’ll start looking soon.

The Little Mermaid story is sad yet can and has been adapted various ways.

Can you imagine someone writing a full subversion where both the Kingdom of the Prince the Little Mermaid is in love with and the Kingdom of the Princess of the Convent that the Prince normally falls in love with get cursed into Naga and Naga-Centaur Kingdoms respectively?

As for how such a thing would happen…

Perhaps the Little Mermaid of this story stays with the Prince long enough for him to see her and fall in love with her despite the Princess of the Convent’s chasing her away calling her a sea monster which offends other Mermaids who decide to get the Sea Witch to curse the Princess’s Kingdom which results in the Princess getting the Sea Witch to curse the Prince’s Kingdom(with the Little Mermaid along with it) in retaliation!

1 Like

Y’know. I’ve said quite a few times that tech isn’t my aesthetic. But I’ve been playing around in the model viewer a bit:

Now I wouldn’t be too disappointed getting these tiny, clanky ones as an AR. Even if just about the only mogs I like them in are Mythic Uldir. Which I obviously don’t have, and won’t be able to farm for quite some time.

3 Likes

Wow. That would actually make me interested in playing a Mechagnome.

1 Like

Somehow, I didn’t notice that their idle animations are different from Squishygnomes, until I pulled them up in the modelviewer. It’s that stiff, robotic waist swivel used by some types of mechanical mobs and pets.

1 Like

Why do I have the sinking suspicion that Ciaphas Cain(believed by a legal sect of the Imperium’s religion to be the Will of the Emperor himself) is the Emperor himself having pried himself off of the Golden Throne and that’s why it’s flickering and sometimes outright goes out?

It would be very funny if Guilliman meets Ciaphas Cain and confirms this is the case! …shortly after Game’s Workshop releases a Ciaphas Cain Figure.

1 Like

Warhammer is overrated, and the next paladin who says anything about some god damn blood god or skull throne is gonna get it.

I miss Warhammer Fantasy.

1 Like

My buddies and I have been playing Pixelmon in Minecraft and I’m seriously impressed with the amount of love that obviously went into this mod.

1 Like

Overrated and overpriced. I don’t have that kind of money to throw at that game. At one time, they used to put out new editions that completely invalidated previous armies, so you had to buy new ones to compete.

Forget that. I also had some poor experiences with some Warhammer players and even the one local Games Workshop store.

That’s why I prefer Battletech. The miniatures and record sheets I bought 30 years ago can still be used. The rules have only changed in small ways. Of course, I mention money and I’m in big with the Battletech Kickstarter, but I know what I get can be used years and years from now.

One of these days, I’ll stop being lazy, and start playing the Fossils and Archaeology mod.

Thinking of how N’Zoth broke free I wonder:

Usually the Sealed Evil Inside a Can is only sealed away because someone noticed it was a threat but have their been works where the Sealed Evil is only sealed away because the Hero randomly shoved the Sealed Evil inside the Seal(which could be anything including a Magic Tome) assuming he/she was securely storing away just some random powerful artifact not an Ancient Evil?

Is there any story where not only is this the case but a Villain(or Villains) is trying to unseal this Ancient Evil with the Hero not aware of where the Ancient Evil is sealed and ignorantly brings the prison to the bad guy who does know?

When will Maiev come back and kill my Horde character instantly??? Blizz pls

2 Likes

I saw an ad for some li’l mobile game about cats. So I’ve been playing it to pass the time on my breaks and lunches. Yesterday, I got the Priest Order Hall mount :joy:

2 Likes

Hi Ayrenn, love you.

1 Like