Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

We wouldn’t have had these kinds of lazy mistakes while Ghostcrawler was in charge.

mostly because he had a degree in marine biology…

2 Likes

I wish we could get a paleontologist on board.

I was so excited for brutosaurs, as sauropods are objectively the best kind of dinosaur. But the anatomy of their legs and feet hurts my soul.

Seriously. What in the name of Charles R. Knight meets Land Before Time is going on with this things body?

Look man, sometimes you just have to roll with it and be glad it’s not worse.

1 Like

Between a 3ds and a computer, what should be my first fire emblem game?

2 Likes

Gilneas became a zone in Cata, when Ghostcrawler was in charge

1 Like

Fire Emblem Awakening is a really good entry point to the series. Easy to get into, lots of modernized systems, crisp new art style, and not overly long. Subjectively, I think the characters in it are amazing. And you can make them marry each other!!

3 Likes

Huh. In Zuldazar a Night Elf has a tropical style Ancient with her that uses the same models as the Draenor Ancients.

I don’t think this means that there are Draenor Ancients that are siding with the Night Elves, but still interesting to get to see Night Elves associated with tropical themes.

4 Likes

I mean, when you can talk to trees, you can make friends just about anywhere.

I like to imagine there are a few gnarly old buggers kicking around out there, still mad a giant golden city got plonked down right in the middle of their jungle.

3 Likes

Two days without a post? That won’t do.

2 Likes

To put that video into some perspective, your average alligator at that age is 13 to 14 feet long. What the previous owner did was criminal.

Great video. You can tell those workers had probably met the gator before.

1 Like

The first time I found the channel and they were talking about Rex I thought she was a younger gator, when they said she was over 27 years old it was a real shock.

I don’t think anyone should have pet gators, but I’m glad they got her. They always make sure to stress that having a pet gator is a Bad Idea and she’s a special case (and still a handful even at her size).

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I recently did a lot of research on alligators for a book I am currently writing. They really are interesting animals. Here is an interesting story I found.

4 Likes

One of my recent reading rabbit holes a couple days ago led me to researching the notosucians. Prehistoric, terrestrial, sometimes herbivorous or omnivorous crocodilians.

4 Likes

Would it be possible for me to get a link to the Discord?

Try this.
https://discord.gg/V3RQRe

The designs are… interesting

3 Likes

I still have so many mixed feelings about this game.

1 Like

I do too.

The main one this trailer brings up though is that you can really tell that James Turner is the art director this time, and not Ken Sugimori. Though I’m also not sure how to feel about that. I suppose it’s good he’s doing his own thing, and using his own style. On the other, it’s sometimes jarringly different from Sugimori’s style. And maybe he should try a bit harder to make them feel classically Pokémon-y?.. I don’t know.

Also:
http://www.sci-news.com/paleontology/ngwevu-intloko-07463.html

Yay! New (old) sauropodomorph.

Coal Tycoon Weezing is a great aesthetic.
Kiss themed Zigzagoon is an unusual choice.

The crime team being angsty teens prone to noise pollution is kind of meh. That probably means the story antagonist will be someone else while they’re just a recurring nuisance.

2 Likes