Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

https://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1625270&postcount=14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOKSbPSAjDQ

Apparently Scrolls of Lore and YouTube Comments think that the reflection of Lorthemar’s robes in the Eternal Palace end Cinematic looks like N’Zoth’s Eye! The Robes do resemble an eye somewhat…

Did Blizzard notice when making the cinematic and if so then then should I assume that Azshara let death take her the moment she realized it wasn’t N’Zoth she was looking at?..

1 Like

It’s foreshadowing for 11.3.

Warchief Lor’themar (after Warchief Baine’s unceremonious death to a minor voidspawn), after making the Horde complicit in Horde Atrocity #394, will fall for the womanly wiles of Xal’atath’s fleshy form, and void-dunk the Sunwell, fomenting Yet Another Horde Rebellion™.

Ah, good times.

1 Like

An elf falling for (what looks like) another elf? That’s too unbelievable.

With Blizzard track record he’d end up with resurrected Arthas.

1 Like

I’m trying to (… gives everyone a moment to hold on to their butts…) give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt.

The Calia model is supposedly coming this patch :sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Well it’s been about the whole month that I resubscribed for. The new zones were interesting and I liked the artifact-like abilities that we got from the essences. However the story is why I unsubscribed(apart from that horrible Blizzcon) and the content in the future doesn’t seem to be getting any better. Goodbye again!

My account expired at like 2:30 PM.

For a moment, I felt like an angry unsubbed customer!

I LARPed that I let my account time lapse because of the horrible story!

(But I knew I had a Game Time token ready to be used like 3 hours later. I planned on reactivating once I was done with some errands. Why be subbed for those 3 hours if I can’t play?)

Sad fact #394:

The highlight of BfA is the revamp of my characters that are still in varying stages of Legion content.

2 Likes

Amazing! So much effort went into this, and it fits so well!

Sounds like paradise to me!

You get to have TEA. PARTIES. With simulated lively conversation! You can even pick out the tea! And if you do well enough, you get to gaze at your partner as they bashfully comment, then give them a PRESENT. That alone sold me.

Also the rest of the game is pretty good. Go Blue Lions!

That freakin’ Dio pose, am I right? Oh my goodness. What a great moment.

I really hope you’re right! I’ve been hoping hard for full-world scaling similar to Guild Wars 2.

Lately I have been busy with a few other games. I played Doom 2016 (neat but I kept getting lost!), beat Mario Maker 2’s single-player (so much fun!), did a Sigvald campaign in Mortal Empires (the salacious, scandalous and sensational servant of Slaanesh!), and got caught up to Stormblood in Final Fantasy XIV finally. And now I’m proper stuck-in with Fire Emblem Three Houses : D

As for WoW, I’ve been doing some more self-indulgent self-RP. I’ve decided to play a hedge wizard sort of character who comes up with their own spells by applying a magical version of the scientific method. It involves a lot of headcanon about how magic works, borrowing a lot from other fiction. But hey, it’s fun! And all in my head, so I’m not bothering anyone with it.

Also, yay, datamining started! The new models look really, really good. And in some cases, sexy >:3

1 Like

Wait, what? It won’t let me post when I’m unsubbed.

Yeah it let me post for the few hours I was unsubbed while I was doing errands. From like 2:30 when my account lapsed to 5:30 or so when I got home.

I felt naughty!

I will never know the full intricacies of these forums.

So, the model update has me thinking of switching my Outlaw Rogue from a (future) Kul Tiran to a Worgen.

In coming up with a backstory, though, I’ve realized just how silly the Greymane Wall was, though.

• The Gilneans were a seafaring, mercantile people. So there was a port. Maybe more than one.
  • The entire back half of Gilneas is coastline. While reefs blocked alot of it, there had to be ways in and out for the trading ships.
  • The people of Lordaeron fleeing the Scourge could have totally Cuban refugee-ed their way around to one of the ports. Or just the coast, as smaller vessels may have had less to fear from the reefs, depending on depth.
  • Likewise, though, the Scourge totally could have Pirates of the Caribbeaned their way around to the backside of Gilneas.
2 Likes

Worgen pirates were a thing in Booty Bay questing:

1 Like

I’m aware. It’s why I’d had the idea of a Worgen Outlaw Rogue ever since the Combat➡️Outlaw revamp. But I’d already used the two Worgen faces I’d liked, so I went with basic Human.

I’m thinking of having him turn to less than savory mercantilism and mercenary work after the Horde sank his legitimate ship. But it begs the question of how one becomes a seafarer in the time of Gilneas’ isolation (fishing, maybe?). Though I also wonder how Greymane managed to keep people, like the Brashtide, inside Gilneas. It’s not like he walled off the ocean, too.

1 Like

Reefs were mentioned in a quest in the Worgen starting experience:

The reefs have always protected us from a coastal attack. The earthquakes must've opened a passage for the Forsaken ships.

Might have been these ones:

1 Like

Yeah, but even the article on The Bite mentions the lighthouse marking a safe passage through the reefs. There had to be ways in and out, otherwise the trading and exploratory vessels would be useless.

1 Like

I just want to step in and point out that large stones jutting out of the water are not reefs. Reefs are specifically shallow underwater features. If it’s above water, it’s not a reef.

3 Likes

You’re not a reef.

1 Like

I’ve rolled with Blizzard’s inaccuracies for a long time. By now, I’m just proud they found a word that kind of matches, instead of calling them “pointy, ship-sinky, rock things”.

2 Likes